5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auto-dim headlights and chromatic dim mirrors?

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Drove a 2020 Laramie Longhorn that I'm going to try to make a deal on. I had auto-dim high beams enabled in the 12.4" Uconnect, but the headlights never dimmed during my hour long drive (at night) Had the headlights on auto and pushed the stalk forward to turn on the high beams. Mostly country road driving, some highway and a little city-ish driving. Was I doing something wrong?

I see I can enable the chromatic dimming mirrors, but it seems like they're either dimmed or not based on the control setting. Do these not auto dim based on headlights behind you when driving?

Thanks

spinxt

Reaction score
Drove a 2020 Laramie Longhorn that I'm going to try to make a deal on. I had auto-dim high beams enabled in the 12.4" Uconnect, but the headlights never dimmed during my hour long drive (at night) Had the headlights on auto and pushed the stalk forward to turn on the high beams. Mostly country road driving, some highway and a little city-ish driving. Was I doing something wrong?

I see I can enable the chromatic dimming mirrors, but it seems like they're either dimmed or not based on the control setting. Do these not auto dim based on headlights behind you when driving?

Thanks
There is a separate setting in UConnect for the auto dim headlights. It’s under the Lighting section (not on the controls menu with the seat heaters/coolers)

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
There is a separate setting in UConnect for the auto dim headlights. It’s under the Lighting section (not on the controls menu with the seat heaters/coolers)
Yes...my post stated that I had enabled that in uConnect.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes...my post stated that I had enabled that in uConnect.
Did you get the engaged message in the display that they were activated? If not mention it to the sales guy and have them look at it, there’s another thread mentioning this issue.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Did you get the engaged message in the display that they were activated? If not mention it to the sales guy and have them look at it, there’s another thread mentioning this issue.
Didn't see that (I assume you mean in the dash display and not in uConnect?)

Thanks

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ok, didn't see anything there. I'll have to ask the dealer.

Any idea on my question about the chromatic dimming mirrors?
Just highlight in the uconnect I think that’s where it is. Mine works as advertised and both side mirrors also auto dimming.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just highlight in the uconnect I think that’s where it is. Mine works as advertised and both side mirrors also auto dimming.
Ditto. The message should appear if the feature is enabled. The sensor is VERY sensitive, i.e. the lights dim at the slightest detection of oncoming light.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Ditto. The message should appear if the feature is enabled. The sensor is VERY sensitive, i.e. the lights dim at the slightest detection of oncoming light.
So beyond enabling it in the uConnect and pushing the stalk forward...there's nothing else to do to enable it?

Users who are viewing this thread