5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio Question and yes I am being super lazy

JackWaggon

Reaction score
Hey folks so I am going to be really lazy and ask about using a USB drive with music from iTunes. Has anyone done this? Does it work? The Hyundai I traded in for the Ram said it could but it did not work out. If it helps I have a 2020 Ram 1500 with the level 2 package. Thanks folks.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Get the Audacity program. Import the files and save as .mp3. Not sure if Itunes will play right off.
Should just plug USB into the set of USB ports that aren't meant for charging and select the source(USB 1 or 2) on screen.

Last edited:

JackWaggon

Reaction score
Get the Audacity program. Import the files and save as .mp3. Not sure if Itunes will play right off.
Should just plug USB into the set of USB ports that aren't meant for charging and select the source(USB 1 or 2) on screen.
Word up, thank for the info I will have to give it a try.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
I play mp3s from a usb on usb2 all of the time.
Thanks for this reply. I'm in the market for a 5th gen RAM right now and I asked the dealer if my wife can plug her phone into the second USB and it be selected as an audio source while I use Android auto in the first USB slot. He had no clue. My wife likes to play music through her phone when on road trips. My current car, a Maxima, allows this and I wanted to make sure if I got a new RAM we could still do this.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
Why go through extra steps. I export my Itunes music directly to USB vs lossless and the sound is considerably better than MP3. Lossless is literally 10x's the bitrate of MP3. Seeing how lazy the OP is it would probably be right in his wheelhouse. :)

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for this reply. I'm in the market for a 5th gen RAM right now and I asked the dealer if my wife can plug her phone into the second USB and it be selected as an audio source while I use Android auto in the first USB slot. He had no clue. My wife likes to play music through her phone when on road trips. My current car, a Maxima, allows this and I wanted to make sure if I got a new RAM we could still do this.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
It looks like you can. From the Owner's Manual:

USB 593.jpg

USB 594.jpg

USB 595.jpg

USB 596.jpg

USB 597.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/