5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asked HERE about why my new 2021 Truck has 2 year old Maps.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is their reply:

Hello David,

Thank you for inquiring about HERE Technologies. Your 2020 1500 was manufactured with a new type of infotainment unit.
The map data is old because Chrysler needed to develop a new map update product to get new map data installed.

Chrysler has a two phase plan to provide your map update. First is an over-the-air software update that is needed
before the map update can be installed. FCA will be sending this to navigation units by approx. May 2021. After
that map updates will become available as they are released. Please watch for your Software Update and then wait
for more information regarding map updates.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email.

Kind regards,

HERE Technologies

Customer Service

Malodave

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will bet that the Map update will not be anything from 2021.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would bet that they will charge $150 each for those map updates when they are available. My 15's 8.4 required an OTA update before I could install the first available map update.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my Garmin NUVI I have lifetime Maps and Traffic. I can take the same Map File
and install it on my old NUVI unit. I have to put it on a SD Card because the
internal memory is not large enough to hold the new Map Data.

Users who are viewing this thread