5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone on here have 5th gen & rooted android?

Socks

Reaction score
I've been doing some research on android auto and the uconnect system. I know there's a good reason for people to not want to root their phone. Maybe someone has an older phone sitting around as a paper weight.
Anyways, there is an option on rooted phones that allows users to customize android auto "aa_mirror" which gives you two option in android auto. One to use as it is intended and the other to just mirror your phone. Meaning it works just as your phone does. It would still need to be connected as it normally does via cord.

Socks

Reaction score
Just in case this is confusing to some. It does mean your uconnect (regardless of generation) can watch YouTube or if you have iptv the big game (better said your passengers or parked). Nothing is done to uconnect itself. Uconnect just thinks it's running factory android auto. It's all done on the phones side of things.

Edit: if you have a phone with a 2:1 aspect ratio you'll need aam+ and not aam. This would be the same for me with a note 8. Otherwise you'll get black bars as the original aam was designed for the 16:9 ratio phones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread