5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Know How to Remove Overspray from Plastic and Crinkle Finished Front Bumpers?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So after washing my truck today, I noticed a lot of little specs of white dots on the front of my truck. Realized I must of driven through some paint overspray some time ago and never noticed since my truck stays dirty most of the time.

Luckily the overspray dots are pretty easy to remove with a finger nail, but I got hundreds of them and that will take a while. They are on the side mirrors, grill, headlight lenses and especially the crinkled coated front bumper. So I have painted surfaces, clear plastic, black plastic and very porous powder coating to get this overspray off of.

Is there a method or product that works well some of you can recommend to me? I know clay bar works well on paint, but not on plastic or porous materials. Its honestly not a big deal, hard to see when it's dirty (which is most of the time), but would like to clean it up without damaging anything.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
beside what you said i think only way is to light sand and buff after or try buff first to see is come off or not.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Have you tried some clear coat cleaner wax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread