5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone install strobe lights on their truck yet?

Reaction score
Morning y'all. Just picked up my 19 longhorn on Wednesday night, and since I am in the utility construction industry, I need to install strobes on my truck to be DOT compliant. Has anyone installed strobe lights yet? I started looking last night for spots to install them, but there doesn't seem to be much room. I like having them hidden and don't like drilling holes in bumpers of $65k trucks.

Only places I have seen somewhat suitable are on the plastic sheeting behind the grill on the front and then buying a hitch light mount and modifying it. Anyone else have any ideas or done something else?

jamesfg

Reaction score
Have you considered replacing/upgrading the rear bumper to aftermarket? If so, Addictive Desert Designs makes a nice rear bumper with cut outs for a 4" cube light.

I'm going to put air horns behind the grill and have eyeballed it and there is plenty of room there. You'd need to take it off and fab up some brackets.

Dueckpilot

Reaction score
I’ve installed the Z-Flash in my ‘19 sport best addition for flashing all your factory lighting. But also putting in grill strobes and light bar mounted to my headache rack. 8E3E99B7-E960-47ED-B12C-729ED44B6033.jpeg

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Morning y'all. Just picked up my 19 longhorn on Wednesday night, and since I am in the utility construction industry, I need to install strobes on my truck to be DOT compliant. Has anyone installed strobe lights yet? I started looking last night for spots to install them, but there doesn't seem to be much room. I like having them hidden and don't like drilling holes in bumpers of $65k trucks.

Only places I have seen somewhat suitable are on the plastic sheeting behind the grill on the front and then buying a hitch light mount and modifying it. Anyone else have any ideas or done something else?
I’ve wondered if the Tazer DT “light shows” (which use the factory LED lighting) would be suitable for this purpose. Maybe someone that uses one can comment on this.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
I’ve wondered if the Tazer DT “light shows” (which use the factory LED lighting) would be suitable for this purpose. Maybe someone that uses one can comment on this.
Tazer DT is 100% unsuitable for this, I tried. Aside from the fact that it takes 10 button pushes to turn on and off (button mapping just doesnt work) there is no way another responder on scene will know how to turn on/off your lights if needed (a neccesity at least for us since sometimes police or other responders need to move our POVs to make room for apparatus). The flash patterns are also horrible. Yes they are adjustable thru the app, blah, blah, but even the best pattern program is way too slow to be useful/safe. Speed 10 DOES flash the individual LED quickly, but Tazer won't cycle remotely fast enough between the lights.

ronmac7609

Reaction score
Strobesnmore.com. They also have a Facebook page and "Strobesnmore Station" group on Facebook has discussions and pics videos on installs on various trucks.

Stefano19RAM

Reaction score
I’ve installed the Z-Flash in my ‘19 sport best addition for flashing all your factory lighting. But also putting in grill strobes and light bar mounted to my headache rack. View attachment 43080
Hey man, I've been looking at the Z-flash, but does the reverse camera turn on and off when you're flashing your reverse lights?

Users who are viewing this thread