5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have the Tyger Rider running boards?

wicks_10

Reaction score
I'm new here and looking for for some addons for my new to me 2019 1500 RAM. Needing some running boards as my kids are finding the climb into the new truck to be a little difficult. I've been looking at a lot of different options and there seem to be plenty flat step styles on this forum but I'm not having any luck finding the Tyger Rider bars (maybe the forum search isn't helping me). I'm sure there are some users out there and I'd be curious to see some pics and hear some thoughts. I was going for the flat board look but my wife is liking the Tyger rider bars. I'm not opposed to them either but just wondering peoples thoughts. Kind of looking for something visually minimal, not sticking out a mile, and black.

BrianEmily

Reaction score
I have these installed on my 2020 Rebel. I bought mine from Amazon. Everything needed to install was included in the box. Look great and make it easy for the wife to get in and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
I had some on my 3rd gen. I'm a big boy at about 275 and they give a little. Over time started to sag some. If I was a thinner man it wouldn't be an issue with then though.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

drewski

Reaction score
I have them on my 2021. Installation was a breeze, 20 minutes tops.
I'm a big guy, so far they hold up very well, no issues. Looks pretty much
if it came with the truck from the factory. IMG_0493.jpg

wicks_10

Reaction score
That's great to know that they are holding up well so far. I worried that at the price, they might be a little cheap and not sturdy. Drewski, that truck looks nice. Mine is white as well with a little more chrome than yours. It is leveled and those bars would probably help out a bunch. Do they hang down much? Do you have a picture from the side about level with the steps by chance?

wicks_10

Reaction score
Perfect! That's quite helpful. I appreciate you sharing those.

Kooch80

Reaction score
I have the Tyger star armor and they are awesome. Heavy duty for sure

sep1006

Reaction score
That's what I'm planning on getting soon. Do you think the step is too narrow?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Well let's just say you can't put your whole foot on it. I wear a size 12 show, my wife has no issues though and loves it. But that's fine with me, it's very easy to step up and you won't slip.

Too me it's just better ( more rugged ) than the others and really looks sharp.

popcenator

Reaction score
Well let's just say you can't put your whole foot on it. I wear a size 12 show, my wife has no issues though and loves it. But that's fine with me, it's very easy to step up and you won't slip.

Too me it's just better ( more rugged ) than the others and really looks sharp.
I appreciate it, as long as they're functional as a step and not just for show that's the route I'll go. I think they go well with the Rebel.

Kooch80

Reaction score
I thought the step was a little narrow at first but it didn't take long for me to not even notice it. Still really like these and think they are a great look for the Rebel

MaximumTwenty

Reaction score
Had them on mine. Got rid of them for the Star Armor. They make a very weird nose when going through water.

Fuzznutz

Reaction score
I had them on my last truck. The good is they are a rock solid, great looking step, with excellent fit. The bad is mine were starting to rust after just 1 iowa winter, and not even 8 months of use.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

popcenator

Reaction score
I had them on my last truck. The good is they are a rock solid, great looking step, with excellent fit. The bad is mine were starting to rust after just 1 iowa winter, and not even 8 months of use.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Well that's not good. I'm in Nebraska so I'll see the same conditions.

JMGesling

Reaction score
I put some on my 19 RAM Classic Tradesman. They're chrome, so we'll see how they handle Kansas City Weather. So far, solid and not too hard to install.

Users who are viewing this thread