5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have black tow mirrors with blind spot and heated glass?

RBRK

Reaction score
I'm wanting to swap my tow mirrors from chrome to black but the only ones i can find from the dealer don't have heated glass. I don't really need it but not sure if it will cause the rear defrost to quit working or not.

I just want to know if anyone has the black tow mirrors with blindspot indicator in the glass and the little defrost sign on the glass.

Thanks

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I'm wanting to swap my tow mirrors from chrome to black but the only ones i can find from the dealer don't have heated glass. I don't really need it but not sure if it will cause the rear defrost to quit working or not.

I just want to know if anyone has the black tow mirrors with blindspot indicator in the glass and the little defrost sign on the glass.

Thanks
Have you thought about just putting a cover instead of swapping the whole mirror?
A few folks here have done it. There's a dealer from the Phoenix area that sells them on eBay.

Cheers,

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you thought about just putting a cover instead of swapping the whole mirror?
A few folks here have done it. There's a dealer from the Phoenix area that sells them on eBay.

Cheers,
This! Only $70!on eBay. I painted mine matte black with rattle can lol.

64FF66EB-618A-45F4-97C2-EA4D1444AB83.jpeg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Well, I completely disassembled both mirrors and swapped the harnesses, so now I have black tow mirrors with blindspot, and heat. It wasn’t that bad to do actually.
Glad to hear. Pls post pics that could help future owners.

kjn86

Reaction score
Well, I completely disassembled both mirrors and swapped the harnesses, so now I have black tow mirrors with blindspot, and heat. It wasn’t that bad to do actually.

Wondering if you could post more about what you did. I would like to do the same. I just want to add heat though, so I would do the opposite effectively, swap the guts out of the Chrome and put it into the all black tow mirror. I can get the chrome tow mirrors that have heat, but I don't want to try to remove the chrome for fear of breaking the glass. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread