5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone good with ATV’s? Polaris magnum 325

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I picked up a Polaris magnum 325 2x4 for free. It’s been sitting up a while. I verified spark. Fuel wasn’t getting to the carb, so I bypassed the fuel pump and let it gravity flow. Still didn’t start so I changed the carb. It started for a good while after this, but the idle it way to high. Like the throttle cable is too tight. Not even touching the idle adjuster. I managed to get it lower bu tilting the carb slightly so the cable wasn’t bending as bad, and it was better. So I went for a short ride. It sputters and killed. Won’t refire.
Any ideas? I am new at ATV repair.

thanks!

ivantalk

Reaction score
Hello, I don't own an ATV but I hope that this forum will be helpful with your concern:

I am sure that the member of this community will be able to answer your question.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I joined there. They were helpful. I had a plugged vacuum line which caused the carb to flood. Looks like high idle is due to my throttle cable. Learning a lot. Thank you for the help!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I had trouble with my Magnum not wanting to start. Turns out I had a broken wire on a circuit breaker. Never seen anything like this before. I think I'll just put a fuse instead.

1679319863380.png

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had trouble with my Magnum not wanting to start. Turns out I had a broken wire on a circuit breaker. Never seen anything like this before. I think I'll just put a fuse instead.

View attachment 154949
That looks like a rudimentary fusible link. It’s designed to mechanically break.

Users who are viewing this thread