5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone get distortion like this in their monitor?

RJS

Reaction score
I did once with my 14 Sport. I parked close to a bright digital sign and when I came out of the store my screen looked just like that in reverse. Restored itself to normal the next time I put the truck in reverse miles from the source.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seen anything like this with your backup camera? (Green lines)

View attachment 39011

Could be a bad camera, cable, or connection. You might try disconnecting the cable where it connects to the tailgate. Make sure it's clean and all pins are straight and reconnect. Several have had issues after a spray in bedliner where they didn't reconncet everything well.

Easy way to troubleshoot that before heading to dealer.

Sasyn

Reaction score
Try unplugging and plug-in back in the camera/tailgate harness located above the spare tire might solve this issue

MTShells

Reaction score
Mine occasionally goes to the blue screen of death. It resumes working when I turn the truck back on.

TimG

Reaction score
Yes, Ive had it happen a couple of times. No real rhyme or reason as to when or why it happens. Always comes back to normal at next restart of the truck.

Papa Bear 24

Reaction score
Mine did this about a month after I had my Ram. I brought it to the Dealership and it was a 20 minute fix, they had to update the system. Ever since the update I haven't had anymore issues

Amazing93

Reaction score
My 17 that I traded in had this problem. Got progressively worse. Looked exactly like yours does.

derp

Reaction score
is that a crack in the display on the lower right quadrant? I've seen LCDs freak out along those lines for ALL video when there is damage on/near the ribbon connector area of the display.

if this only presents on the backup, I would think it's not the display itself. if it's an all the time thing, that's a real shame.

as for those who have said that they had cam issues after overexposure to direct sunlight, yes, that is a big deal and very common problem with outdoor cameras getting the CCD oversaturated or fail to return good info because of overtemp.

Users who are viewing this thread