5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else have rattles with the Harmon Kardon system?

ABQ Mike

Reaction score
While I didn’t expect it to be the same quality as the hk in my bmws, I at least figured keeping the bass on flat or below would create pleasant and rattle free tones, but alas, the domestic side is showing. Short of tearing the areas near the sub apart and going nuts with dynamat, has anyone else had this issue and solved it? I won’t even bother going to the dealer to have them sit on it for 3 days and say they couldn’t reproduce it, or works as designed, or my country music at half volume with the bass flat is too much and I should turn it down.

Barnyard

Reaction score
Mine rattles the sliding window, and the rear speaker grills. I haven't had a chance to fix it yet, but shouldn't be too difficult. I used a tone generator app on my phone connected through the aux-in, and played with the frequency at high volume until I found a spot where it rattled most. I think it was around 52-54 hz on mine

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ABQ Mike

Reaction score
Mine rattles the sliding window, and the rear speaker grills. I haven't had a chance to fix it yet, but shouldn't be too difficult. I used a tone generator app on my phone connected through the aux-in, and played with the frequency at high volume until I found a spot where it rattled most. I think it was around 52-54 hz on mine

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I found the hate thread in the interior forum... it was the back window, as you said. 60 seconds and some felt tape I had in my tool box, and back to perfect at any volume... I can even turn the bass to +2 if needed

I only have 900 miles on the truck so I’m sure more rattles will appear now that it’s nice enough to drive with the windows down and I turn it up more.

Landrover1

Reaction score
I found the hate thread in the interior forum... it was the back window, as you said. 60 seconds and some felt tape I had in my tool box, and back to perfect at any volume... I can even turn the bass to +2 if needed

I only have 900 miles on the truck so I’m sure more rattles will appear now that it’s nice enough to drive with the windows down and I turn it up more.
I’m having the same issue. Where did you apply the felt tape?

Users who are viewing this thread