5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else get this download?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m 99% sure that I saw a write-up saying that this was an inadvertent message displayed during installation of an OTA update and can safely be ignored.

llando88

Reaction score
A jar file is a Java Archive file...AKA a compacted storage method for Java script...beyond that I have no idea what's in the the archive...

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve been seeing those updates as well. Was curious what it was.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Man, I see a lot of mentions of updates in threads. I have yet to get a notice of any sort of update in my truck.

Rupp

Reaction score
Same here. How do you know if you have received an update or need one?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called FCA HQ to ask what you were all getting as I have an 8.4N and don’t seem to get anything. I was feeling a little slighted by the FCA Gods until they transferred me to the FBI who transferred me to the CIA/IRS Joint Task Force. They assured me we’re all in good hands and we’re all getting the updates. I asked the nice lady how they know we’re getting them and she replied they have their ways of tracking who has and who does not have the updates. (At least it explains the drone I see overhead from time to time).

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I called FCA HQ to ask what you were all getting as I have an 8.4N and don’t seem to get anything. I was feeling a little slighted by the FCA Gods until they transferred me to the FBI who transferred me to the CIA/IRS Joint Task Force. They assured me we’re all in good hands and we’re all getting the updates. I asked the nice lady how they know we’re getting them and she replied they have their ways of tracking who has and who does not have the updates. (At least it explains the drone I see overhead from time to time).

I didn't really get any kind of notice. Just happened to look down and saw it downloading something.
Yea, I was just thinking how paranoid I would be to see a download in progress I did not initiate. Then I read the next post by @NorthStar . Then I knew it was not just me that was being paranoid. They really are out to get us...... it's the NSA controlling the drone.... it's armed.....

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was wondering about that drone 🤔

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, I was just thinking how paranoid I would be to see a download in progress I did not initiate. Then I read the next post by @NorthStar . Then I knew it was not just me that was being paranoid. They really are out to get us...... it's the NSA controlling the drone.... it's armed.....
Yea, with the next vaccinations

Users who are viewing this thread