5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone do a grill guard yet?

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven’t seen one yet for these trucks. Anyone have pictures of one installed? Any brand. I don’t know how they will flow with this new front end.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This might work. Not sure.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Oh, I kinda like that one. I saw one for the 5th gens but it had the honeycomb pattern in front of the headlights (I hate that look).

DJ Thrasher

Reaction score
I haven’t seen one yet for these trucks. Anyone have pictures of one installed? Any brand. I don’t know how they will flow with this new front end.

Attachments

• D7B5C7AD-91BA-4679-B02F-BF109FAAB4C4.jpeg
    D7B5C7AD-91BA-4679-B02F-BF109FAAB4C4.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 295

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Oh wow I’m surprised how much I like that. Want sure that the 5th gen would look good with one. I also like the matte black of that truck, but I don’t have the balls to paint a brand new vehicle.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
That is sweet!!! Head to toe, top to bottom; well put together!!! Everything flows great with each other.

If I absolutely had to find 1 negative...I would say it takes a little away from the sleek/evil look of the headlights but for all practical purposes the design is to protect the headlights too....so I still like it!!!!

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Wow, I am not usually a fan of the big tough look. But I have to admit it is intimidating, in a good way!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would only add that you need to understand that the installation of the grill/brush guards may have an adverse effect on the deployment of your airbags should get into a nasty accident. I like these myself but I won't risk my safety or that of my family over looks.

forcemed

Reaction score
Any one have picks of possible grill guards on 2020 Longhorn, tired of dodging deer.....might need to get one, function aside, but not sure how they look on the new Ram?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just be careful if you find one because they will have a negative impact on your vehicles safety features and how the front end reacts in an accident like airbag deployment and crumple zones.

Users who are viewing this thread