5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any differences between 2021 RAM Limited 1500 and 2020?

john3mary

Reaction score
Trying to compare two used RAM. The 2021 has 21k miles and looks nice and the 2020 has 9k miles and looks nice. 2020 has higher price but missing the trailer steering and Tonneau cover that the 2021 has.

Are there any advantages to the 2021 as far as technology or other upgrades that were not included or not available for the 2021? I just need to know what to look for.

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

John

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure there were no differences between those two years . I’d be more concerned as to why the 2020 only has 9k miles .
Are they both Hemis ?

john3mary

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure there were no differences between those two years . I’d be more concerned as to why the 2020 only has 9k miles .
Are they both Hemis ?
Yes both 5.7L Hemis. The 2021 is eTorque. I am also curious why only 9k on the 2020.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe 2021 is when the head up display and digital rear view camera became available. Also pedestrian detection on the forward collision system.

Flot

Reaction score
There are also a small but steady stream of fixes and improvements over time - for instance, it took more than 2 years for Ram to acknowledge the faulty A/C box in my 2019, which was a change that quietly went in all the trucks past a certain build date.

I also feel like features like the lane keeping assistance are "smoother" in my 2022 compared to my 2019 but admittedly that could be in my head. Even the wireless charger seems like it is better.

You should look at the build date (door jamb) - and in service date (carfax) - of the two to get an idea of how far separated they really are - a 2020 and 2021 could be 1 month apart or 12.

All things considered I'd be learning towards the newer truck (especially if it is cheaper) and spend the $ on a mopar max care extended warranty to make up for the mileage difference. Etorque I could go either way on, but would rather have an etorque truck under warranty.

Last edited:

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i would also look to see when they were really put in service because that also equal to when is the end off warranty time wise.... maybe the 2020 is not far behind the 2021.

Topsella40

Reaction score
I think the screen is a little diff how you can position things .21 u can do full screen 19-20 I don’t think u can ..

Topsella40

Reaction score
I
Pretty much follows every 2019-21 ram limited in the United States..I no all of them and prob spoke to many about each one on car gurus and auto trader..u hav rto be carefull w fees some dealers charge hige feees!!

Av1

Reaction score
I’d be more concerned as to why the 2020 only has 9k miles .

I wouldn’t be too concerned about that.

I bought our 2022 in April and it just turned over 2000 miles recently. It’s a spare vehicle that doesn’t get driven often.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are also a small but steady stream of fixes and improvements over time - for instance, it took more than 2 years for Ram to acknowledge the faulty A/C box in my 2019, which was a change that quietly went in all the trucks past a certain build date.

I also feel like features like the lane keeping assistance are "smoother" in my 2022 compared to my 2019 but admittedly that could be in my head. Even the wireless charger seems like it is better.

You should look at the build date (door jamb) - and in service date (carfax) - of the two to get an idea of how far separated they really are - a 2020 and 2021 could be 1 month apart or 12.

All things considered I'd be learning towards the newer truck (especially if it is cheaper) and spend the $ on a mopar max care extended warranty to make up for the mileage difference. Etorque I could go either way on, but would rather have an etorque truck under warranty.
Do you know when they made the a/c box change in the '19 builds?

To the OP - go with the non etorque truck. I just picked up a '19 Limited...could have had a '21 etorque for $5k more and 10k less miles.... but it's been waiting 85 days on a backordered etorque part and can't be driven...

Users who are viewing this thread