5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any deer hunters?

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m hoping the new Ram will have many opportunities to help our field-to-fork efforts. My Gen 4 never hauled a deer, as I still had the old F-150 hunting truck (it did see some Turkey action). Now I’m down to one truck, so here's hoping many a meal will be hauled in her bed.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have been out of regular trips hunting for quite awhile(long story that involves my brother in law)

My son is 5, Pennsylvania has the JR hunter mentor program that I plan to use to see if he will be interested. We shoot rifles quite often and he loves the outdoors. Will have to see how he takes to the actual hunting part.

We do squirrel hunt from time to time though.

It is that time of year, I really would like to get back into archery hunting.

Reactions: 356

1Raider

Reaction score
Avid Deer hunter here myself,really enjoy the time in the woods.

devildodge go ahead an tell us the story! Im sure we all have one...

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let's just say rifle control was not something he understood, I realized he wasnt the only person in the woods who may not understand this and decided I would just take a break from hunting. Time constraints and life have stood in the way since.

My son and I have been geocaching quite often and we have been back in the woods during hunting seasons, so I think I will try to trust again lol.

Reactions: 356

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am heading up to Sullivan County in Pa to my brothers place this Thursday. Going to hunt Friday and Saturday. I didn’t buy any doe tags this year so I’m sure I’ll see a zillion of them. I don’t hunt like I use to, fishing has always been my passion and a few years ago I got into kayak salt fishing and then upgraded to a boat so that has become my go to when given the chance to get out.

If I have any luck, I’ll post some pics.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Opening day of antlered rifle season in Pennsylvania in the morning. Good luck to any hunters. Maybe in 2 years I will be back into it.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Back out this morning in Sullivan for Pa Rifle. A lot of shots from surrounding mountains, none on the one I am hunting yet. Feels good though, temp is just right, a little breeze and my coffee is hot. I have a leftover scrapple and egg on rye from breakfast that I packed for a mid-morning snack. Life is good.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Opening day of antlered rifle season in Pennsylvania in the morning. Good luck to any hunters. Maybe in 2 years I will be back into it.

I go in and out of the desire to hunt. Fishing is my thing, can’t get enough of it.

If my brother didn’t have a cabin that we all go away to I doubt I’d be out today although I am hugely greatful to my brother for buying the place. The ability to still get our dad out (72) and some life long friends makes for a great time.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a herd of elk that hang out at my house in cannon beach. There is a spike that is with them, but I think my neighbors would be a bit annoyed if I started shooting a rifle in the neighborhood

2C207F24-C5F7-4F2F-BC12-3D86047F8EF7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread