5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another windshield bites the dust...

XDBrad

Reaction score
Last week I was coming home after dark and heard the dreaded “POP”. When I got home there it was a dime sized bullseye. Like an idiot I put off getting it fixed and wouldn’t you know what I found today after work... 18” crack running vertically through the initial bullseye. $500 deductible and will see when my insurance preferred vendor can get one - hope they are in the system now.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good luck, hope you don't have to wait months like some of us have. I'm still convinced the stock windshield isn't the most "robust" of windshields.

dracktw

Reaction score
Happen to me on my durango 2 weeks after i got the car, lucky i have 250$ deductible, make sure you get somone who will provide you with oem windshield not an after market one.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys should consider getting $0 comprehensive deductible. I pay $87 per 6 months, which is something like 20 bucks more than the higher deductible ($250 is the next one). I just had a door ding done by PDR for $100 which was covered, so already I'm ahead of the game. I live in an area where there's lots of rocks on the roads - my Titans went through 5 windshields, I think - so it makes a lot of sense for not a lot of money. I don't think I've ever caught up where what I've paid in comprehensive equals what I've saved on windshields, door dings, etc.

dracktw

Reaction score
You guys should consider getting $0 comprehensive deductible. I pay $87 per 6 months, which is something like 20 bucks more than the higher deductible ($250 is the next one). I just had a door ding done by PDR for $100 which was covered, so already I'm ahead of the game. I live in an area where there's lots of rocks on the roads - my Titans went through 5 windshields, I think - so it makes a lot of sense for not a lot of money. I don't think I've ever caught up where what I've paid in comprehensive equals what I've saved on windshields, door dings, etc.
Good info will check it out how much goes higher

DM-SC

Reaction score
ONE good thing about Florida car insurance. No deductible glass replacement. Florida law. So... When you see someone running around with a busted windshield it's a good bet they don't have insurance.
Same here in SC. They claim that glass claims don't affect your insurance premiums but, ours went up after both my wife and I had to replace windshields in the same year,

Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a nice size rock hit my windshield last week, I could see it coming and I thought it would hit the hood but it hit the bottom of the windshild. No cracks or chips so that I can see, I think the glass is stronger then what I've had in some other vehicles.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Got a chip along the bottom edge almost dead center day 2 of owning the truck :( Still haven't gotten around to fixing it.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll be up in Michigan with the truck for 2 or 3 months this summer and I wouldn't be surprised if I bust it while up there. Between a lot of gravel being transported and chunks of road falling apart the chances are good.

Users who are viewing this thread