5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Volume Issue not NAV related

CarlG198

Reaction score
OK guys new here, Just bought the wife a 2021 RAM 1500 Big Horn/ Lone Star Level 2 group, Night Edition, Uconnect 8.4c NAV, 5.7 Hemi eTorque. I understand the NAV volume issue I have hers defaulted to 12 and we adjust and it doesn't change until a restart. Fine I can deal with that. That issue is in the book so I get that this is what it's going to do. Like I said no problem. The real problem is incoming phone calls, text messages and the VR function. Every single time they reset to 15 and blow you out of the truck. You can adjust volume while in a call finish hang up and when it rings again it's back at 15!. The VR Function when you press the button it goes to 15, you can adjust it down and when you touch it again it goes to 15, when it responds to you it goes to 15. My Wrangler Sahara with the same system does not do this. We've had the truck less than a week. Dealer says they are aware but unable to do anything about it. Keeping in mind these guys are the best service department I have ever dealt with in my 60 yrs on earth. They are really good folks. This however is frustrating.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My experience with this as well - very irritating! I would love to see a workaround or an update that would address this

CarlG198

Reaction score
Dealer looking into it. There is a CANBUS communication Failure with the radio, No Codes or Messages and there is this odd "Secret Engine Code not found" error reporting over the CANBUS system. No Engine Codes and No indications whatsoever there is a problem until you scan it other than this irritating volume issue and the fact it takes a few minutes for all of the ICONS to appear on the screen. They've opened a "Star Case" on it (I think that's what they called it) Sometimes the reverse tilt mirrors won't come back up as well. Truck just turned over 1K miles, it is wife's truck, she is pissed because she traded in her 2017 Colorado for more room. If they can't figure it out soon I am asking for a new truck. Spent too much for this BS.

1999&2020 RAM

Reaction score
Dealer looking into it. There is a CANBUS communication Failure with the radio, No Codes or Messages and there is this odd "Secret Engine Code not found" error reporting over the CANBUS system. No Engine Codes and No indications whatsoever there is a problem until you scan it other than this irritating volume issue and the fact it takes a few minutes for all of the ICONS to appear on the screen. They've opened a "Star Case" on it (I think that's what they called it) Sometimes the reverse tilt mirrors won't come back up as well. Truck just turned over 1K miles, it is wife's truck, she is pissed because she traded in her 2017 Colorado for more room. If they can't figure it out soon I am asking for a new truck. Spent too much for this BS.
Any updates on fixing the phone volume? Mine 2020 RAM also takes a few minutes to rebuild the icons on the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread