5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another revel link & Daystar question (clarification)...

btwistd

Reaction score
I have stock Laramie 18" wheels w/ 33x12.50 tires (bought it that way from dealer). The front tires rub ever so slightly in "normal" ride height. I'd rather level the truck instead of any trimming.

A couple questions I don't remember coming across while searching & reading on here the past week or so...

1. If I'm leveling the front do I need both sets of Revel Links for front & rear?
2. If I do just add the front Revel links (w/ Daystar kit)...will there be any issues with the different air suspension levels? Will the system have a hard time automatically adjusting?

Pretty noob questions but for some reason, I can not find a straight forward answer on here...I'm sure I'm just over looking it though.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jhaney

Reaction score
I have stock Laramie 18" wheels w/ 33x12.50 tires (bought it that way from dealer). The front tires rub ever so slightly in "normal" ride height. I'd rather level the truck instead of any trimming.

A couple questions I don't remember coming across while searching & reading on here the past week or so...

1. If I'm leveling the front do I need both sets of Revel Links for front & rear?
2. If I do just add the front Revel links (w/ Daystar kit)...will there be any issues with the different air suspension levels? Will the system have a hard time automatically adjusting?

Pretty noob questions but for some reason, I can not find a straight forward answer on here...I'm sure I'm just over looking it though.

Thanks in advance for any help.
You should just try the revel links first. I have them and no daystar. Ride didn’t change much for me. I have the fronts set to lift 1.5” and rears to lower 0.75” to level.

djmedic13

Reaction score
Can the daystar leveling kit be installed on a 2WD? I have a 2019 1500 limited and when I’m looking at the spacer for leveling everyone is using it says 4WD only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btwistd

Reaction score
You should just try the revel links first. I have them and no daystar. Ride didn’t change much for me. I have the fronts set to lift 1.5” and rears to lower 0.75” to level.
Thanks for the info...but, I have decided I'm not going to mod the suspension on this truck.

btwistd

Reaction score
Can the daystar leveling kit be installed on a 2WD? I have a 2019 1500 limited and when I’m looking at the spacer for leveling everyone is using it says 4WD only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not a guru by any means, but there is an option on the Daystar Suspension website for a 2019 Ram 1500 2WD.

Raminit

Reaction score

Hi guys
if I’m only doing the front links not the rears and I’m looking for a leveled look to mount some bigger tires what should the length be adjusted to

Jhaney

Reaction score
Hi guys
if I’m only doing the front links not the rears and I’m looking for a leveled look to mount some bigger tires what should the length be adjusted to
I’m not sure what the preset lengths were but I screwed the top mount on the front links in 1 complete round In order to level my truck after the rear links had lowered the rear 0.75”. I believe the ride would suffer if the fronts were adjusted to raise the front any more than 1.5”. I’m running 275 65 20 KO’s and I can tell some difference now

Raminit

Reaction score
I’m not sure what the preset lengths were but I screwed the top mount on the front links in 1 complete round In order to level my truck after the rear links had lowered the rear 0.75”. I believe the ride would suffer if the fronts were adjusted to raise the front any more than 1.5”. I’m running 275 65 20 KO’s and I can tell some difference now

Thank you very much
i figured out with some help from a forum member 2 1/8 from center to center on the Revel Links

Attachments

• 9ED959D3-8D51-4C73-A95F-752F90DAFA92.jpeg
    9ED959D3-8D51-4C73-A95F-752F90DAFA92.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 88

Lhgvjk

Reaction score
What’s your fender height sitting at on the level links and leveling kit front and back @Raminit

Users who are viewing this thread