5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another kicker discussion

Viper67

Reaction score
My truck is the 2019 1500 Laramie 4x4 new style. Made in Feb 2019. Has the alpine system.

Based on the other kicker message thread I ordered the kicker Speakers shown below. I figured it should sound way better, at least I hoped. Worst case maybe a little.

I replaced the left corner speaker and then played with the equalizer. For the three settings, I went with one over middle for the left, 2 over middle for the middle and then 4 over middle for the right one.

I used a song from Enya and Imagine Dragons for testing.

For me, the stock speakers sounded way better so I left them in. In the other kicker thread they mention the magnet is larger on the kicker etc. I think something has changed as for me they look pretty identical. Anyway that’s my .02.

15e754990fbebcd54196db2b46f6415b.jpg

5f37812b729e36a67ced1c00570fa68e.jpg

d3e4c5317397512d3e45c494d147bf9d.jpg

2624eb8781c3d5dcd066b595f508a2f5.jpg

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
The picture I posted in the other thread of magnet sizes was Kicker compared to the 6-speaker system. Big difference between those two, but not with the Alpine. I know Alpine from Vipers ... I like Alpine.

GOATinstructor

Reaction score
I dont think anyone has posted feedback on replacing the headliner speakers.

I wonder if it would make a big difference or if there would be fitment issues.

DR.CR

Reaction score
My truck is the 2019 1500 Laramie 4x4 new style. Made in Feb 2019. Has the alpine system.

Based on the other kicker message thread I ordered the kicker Speakers shown below. I figured it should sound way better, at least I hoped. Worst case maybe a little.

I replaced the left corner speaker and then played with the equalizer. For the three settings, I went with one over middle for the left, 2 over middle for the middle and then 4 over middle for the right one.

I used a song from Enya and Imagine Dragons for testing.

For me, the stock speakers sounded way better so I left them in. In the other kicker thread they mention the magnet is larger on the kicker etc. I think something has changed as for me they look pretty identical. Anyway that’s my .02.

15e754990fbebcd54196db2b46f6415b.jpg

5f37812b729e36a67ced1c00570fa68e.jpg

d3e4c5317397512d3e45c494d147bf9d.jpg

2624eb8781c3d5dcd066b595f508a2f5.jpg
I put these kickers in my dash and noticed a big difference in clarity, not sure how they compare to what you put in?

Attachments

• 245CD959-F650-4EF2-9EDB-846E03BADDE3.png
    245CD959-F650-4EF2-9EDB-846E03BADDE3.png
    375.7 KB · Views: 106

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the alpine system and bought those kickers for the dash. They made the entire overall sound way too bright and thin. I put the stock alpines back in . One thing i noticed when I had the kickers in and faded the speakers all the way to the front when I would pan to the Right the Right passenger Door speaker was completely Off and just the right dash speaker would play. When panned to the Left all was normal....

DR.CR

Reaction score
I have the alpine system and bought those kickers for the dash. They made the entire overall sound way too bright and thin. I put the stock alpines back in . One thing i noticed when I had the kickers in and faded the speakers all the way to the front when I would pan to the Right the Right passenger Door speaker was completely Off and just the right dash speaker would play. When panned to the Left all was normal....
I just tried that and seemed fine to me....weird. These are my current equalizer settings and I’m very happy with the sound:

Attachments

• FC6071E6-02B4-411F-86DA-A7343582CD9E.jpeg
    FC6071E6-02B4-411F-86DA-A7343582CD9E.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 105

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just want to clarify after writing my earlier post I got curious and my Passenger Door speaker is in fact out and not working period. I'm kinda nervous / dreading disassembling the door to get to it as I've heard it's a real pain/process...

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brought it to the dealership's attention when getting my inspection renewed and they said I needed a new amp for the Door... They ordered the parts needed and I am awaiting a scheduled time for them to fix the issue

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dont think anyone has posted feedback on replacing the headliner speakers.

I wonder if it would make a big difference or if there would be fitment issues.
I replaced my headliner speakers. Alpine system. I replaced them with JBL GX302s along with the dash. Significant improvement. There could be some minor fitment issues depending on the speaker you choose. There is not much room back there. I had to drill a new hole in the headliner to be able to mount them as they would not line up with the factory mounting holes. They are a PITA to get the grill off of. You will feel like you are going to break it. There is a tab in each of the four corners holding them in. Once you get the first one to release the rest are pretty easy but the first one is a pain.

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
Don't want to sidetrack the thread too much but could you guys take a photo of the headliner and how the speakers are held in? I have a base six and am toying in my head if it's possible to add them in after the fact

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't want to sidetrack the thread too much but could you guys take a photo of the headliner and how the speakers are held in? I have a base six and am toying in my head if it's possible to add them in after the fact

I'll take a picture in a bit. I have my grills off at the moment because I have a rattle up there I have to fix. I don't know if you could add them after the fact. It is basically some plastic frames glued to the headliner material itself that holds them in.

AdventureJunkie

Reaction score
I'll take a picture in a bit. I have my grills off at the moment because I have a rattle up there I have to fix. I don't know if you could add them after the fact. It is basically some plastic frames glued to the headliner material itself that holds them in.
That's what I wasnt sure of. If it's a whole new headliner it's pretty out of the question but would still appreciate the picture. Thank you in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online