5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying rattle in passenger door ! please help .. lol

BBuckles05

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the Forum >> Recently traded my 16' 1500 tradesman in for a 19' 1500 Limited

I noticed a rattle sound, the best description I can give is like a percolating sound (coffee brewing) that starts around 60mph that sounds like its coming from the passenger door right by the door lock .. I took the door panel off , test drove , and still there . I proceeded to tape the window up and remove the inner panel to see if something was loose .. took as test drive with inner panel removed and it was still rattling .. has anyone had this problem ?
with it only starting to rattle at 60mph I'm assuming wind has to be a factor??

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check the trim around the door, it's only held in with push rivets. Mine were loose and rattled quite a bit at highway speed, noise went away after fully seating the trim Screenshot_20211019-111230.png

BBuckles05

Reaction score
Check the trim around the door, it's only held in with push rivets. Mine were loose and rattled quite a bit at highway speed, noise went away after fully seating the trim View attachment 108493
I've check almost every where on or in the door for something lose, and still have the crackling sound .. ive localized to this area .

Attachments

• used-2019-ram-1500-limited4x2crewcab57box-11805-21033114-28-640 (2)_LI.jpg
    used-2019-ram-1500-limited4x2crewcab57box-11805-21033114-28-640 (2)_LI.jpg
    835.6 KB · Views: 49

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a rattle like this after I added proximity entry to my truck. It ended up being a loose fastener holding the inner panel to the door. The washer was rattling.

BBuckles05

Reaction score
I had a rattle like this after I added proximity entry to my truck. It ended up being a loose fastener holding the inner panel to the door. The washer was rattling.
I've taken off the door panel along with the inner panel and have gone for test rides .. its still "Crackles"
the thing that gets me is the when its doing it ... 60+ mph..
Makes me think the door handle is semi loose & the wind at those speeds is making it vibrating .. .. has anyone heard of something like that ?

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've taken off the door panel along with the inner panel and have gone for test rides .. its still "Crackles"
the thing that gets me is the when its doing it ... 60+ mph..
Makes me think the door handle is semi loose & the wind at those speeds is making it vibrating .. .. has anyone heard of something like that ?
The handle kinda snaps into place and is held in place by the spring tension in the door latch assembly. If that's where you're looking at maybe take a look at the handle cap. Jiggle it, is it loose? If so, it can be tightened through a hole in the side of the door with a long torx bit.

Scram1500

Reaction score
Have you checked the exterior B-pillar trim?

Bcryan

Reaction score
Ive pushed on all the trim around the door to see if its loose and it felt fine !
That’s exactly what I was going to ask. My drivers side had started to peel off and a clip was broken.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
My buddy had this issue, he went to our local stereo installer shop and they figured it out pretty easily, since they take doors off an on all the time and deal and fix noises after install with angry customers.

It should be easier for a good stereo shop to find this noise than maybe even your dealership, also probably cheaper after warranty.

BBuckles05

Reaction score
My buddy had this issue, he went to our local stereo installer shop and they figured it out pretty easily, since they take doors off an on all the time and deal and fix noises after install with angry customers.

It should be easier for a good stereo shop to find this noise than maybe even your dealership, also probably cheaper after warranty.
what exactly was it , do you know... it would be way quicker if I can fix it , then having to wait for an opening at a shop ....... Also I bought my truck used with no warranty ..

SD Rebel

Reaction score
what exactly was it , do you know... it would be way quicker if I can fix it , then having to wait for an opening at a shop ....... Also I bought my truck used with no warranty ..

I don't know the details, just something was making a noise on his passenger door panel and his local radio shop fixed it in about 20 minutes for $30. He took it to the dealer earlier and they couldn't figure it out after sitting on the lot for a day or two.

I'll contact and see what it was.

Ollie2023

Reaction score
Have you checked the exterior B-pillar trim?
I have this exact problem. Usually only with a headwind at 70 + it comes loose at the “top connection” and vibrates bad. I have tried a couple of temp fixes but looks like I need to order the trim piece.

Users who are viewing this thread