5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto with bluetooth ear buds

husbus

Reaction score
This is more of a an Android Auto limitation than UConnect, probably... But I'd really like to use my airpods with Android Auto while on road trips, so I can't get the navigation and my media, without the rest of my family having to listen to the same. Unfortunately, it appears to refuse to output the sound to anything but the truck audio. Has anyone found a way to hack around this? I'm using a Samsung S20.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
This is more of a an Android Auto limitation than UConnect, probably... But I'd really like to use my airpods with Android Auto while on road trips, so I can't get the navigation and my media, without the rest of my family having to listen to the same. Unfortunately, it appears to refuse to output the sound to anything but the truck audio. Has anyone found a way to hack around this? I'm using a Samsung S20.
When both of the devices are connected, you can choose which one gets the media feed. I will post another picture when I'm connected to both so you can see what it looks like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210319-081513_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20210319-081513_One UI Home.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20210319-081550_Media and devices.jpg
    Screenshot_20210319-081550_Media and devices.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 14

husbus

Reaction score
When both of the devices are connected, you can choose which one gets the media feed. I will post another picture when I'm connected to both so you can see what it looks like.

Yep, I tried that. My phone settings said something like "Apple airpods connected for media and calls", but Android Auto somehow ignores that and sends everything through the car speakers anyway. Are you saying it's working for you?

bradpitcher

Reaction score
Yep, I tried that. My phone settings said something like "Apple airpods connected for media and calls", but Android Auto somehow ignores that and sends everything through the car speakers anyway. Are you saying it's working for you?
I have the same issue, did you ever find a solution? Everything I've seen on the internet suggests it's not possible without rooting the phone

bradpitcher

Reaction score
I found a workaround for my use case. I use spotify on my Android wear smartwatch to play podcasts over my earbuds while Android Auto audio continues playing over Uconnect/speakers

MateoQueFeo

Reaction score
I'm still learning the uconnect system (8.4in) coming from non-bluetooth car.
I've disabled Android Auto on my phone (prefer the map on my phone screen anyway), connected my phone to uconnect via bluetooth, but disable the "bluetooth audio" option within the "device manager" settings. Works for me that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/