5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto Wireless Connection 2020 Rebel

DeadEye637

Reaction score
I've updated all the sw I can but I just can't get the truck to connect to the phone w/a wire. The phone turns on Android Auto once I start the truck. However, the truck will not start Android Auto. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

ExtinctBird

Reaction score
Short of getting a 3rd party adapter, AA and Carplay require a wired connection on your truck. You can play music and phone over bluetooth.

dschweers

Reaction score
The issue is AA and Carplay need wifi connection it's a bandwidth issue. Haven't heard cost from uconne t to do this in version 5.

dschweers

Reaction score
I've updated all the sw I can but I just can't get the truck to connect to the phone w/a wire. The phone turns on Android Auto once I start the truck. However, the truck will not start Android Auto. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
Look up aa wirelessone time cost.

jjmcmanu

Reaction score
I just got my aawireless android auto dongle, it took 5+ months but was worth the wait. Its a small device (smaller than the keyfob), very simple setup, and works just as if it were plugged in. Wish I ordered a 2nd for my wife's car.

Otrod

Reaction score
Hello all, New to the forum.
I recently traded my 2012 Larami for a 2019 1500 Bighorn and the android auto is not reliable. Ive tried wired and wireless. ive only had it a few weeks and still figuring things out. It connects when it feels like it. Any suggestions??

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Hello all, New to the forum.
I recently traded my 2012 Larami for a 2019 1500 Bighorn and the android auto is not reliable. Ive tried wired and wireless. ive only had it a few weeks and still figuring things out. It connects when it feels like it. Any suggestions??
Make sure you're using a oem (samsung, Google) cable. Aftermarket are notorious for sucking with Android auto.

Also, Rams don't support wireless android auto. Guessing you're just using Bluetooth.

When you plug it in, is your screen changing and looking like this?

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk
5583c2fdb93f84be1c7604e552fc103a.jpg

Last edited:

dschweers

Reaction score
Got a short amazon cable and it works great. Took awhile for me to figure out want to do , now works all the time. Not using software app. PM me and I might be able to walk you through it.

Users who are viewing this thread