5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto & Sirius XM

Samcham

Reaction score
Just got my new 2020 Ram 1500 with the 8.4" Uconnect. My android phone (Galaxy S9+, Android 10) is connected. But when I try to use voice commands to change Sirius XM channels on the Uconnect, it doesn't work. It changes channels on the Sirius XM app on my phone instead.

I can't find anything anywhere about this, so I'm hoping someone here might.

Thanks in advance,

bigoldthor

Reaction score
When you say “connected”, do you mean via Bluetooth or a cable? Make sure you’re connected to Uconnect with a physical cable or you’re not using Android Auto. Your voice commands will otherwise only control the Uconnect system. Not sure how it would control the app on your phone unless Uconnect or AA don’t recognize those specific commands while your phone does and then responds accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJS

Reaction score
Just got my new 2020 Ram 1500 with the 8.4" Uconnect. My android phone (Galaxy S9+, Android 10) is connected. But when I try to use voice commands to change Sirius XM channels on the Uconnect, it doesn't work. It changes channels on the Sirius XM app on my phone instead.

Thanks in advance,
Are you pushing the voice phone button on the left side of the steering wheel before trying to use the phone?

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Are you pushing the voice phone button on the left side of the steering wheel before trying to use the phone?
Also, @Samcham, are you pressing *and holding* it for a second? With Apple CarPlay, if you just press the VR button quickly, it will talk to Uconnect. You have to hold it for a second for it to switch to voice communications with Apple.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks in advance,
^^^What they said above. Android Auto only controls stuff on your phone, so if you're pushing the mic icon on the AA screen or saying "ok Google" that's what you're asking it to do, control the app on your phone. To use the Uconnect voice recognition system for radio stations or truck functions, tap (do not hold) the voice button on the steering wheel and you'll get the screen below- 20200305_160257.jpg
If you hold the same button for a second you'll get the Android Auto voice system instead (which again only controls stuff on your phone) and you'll get this screen instead-
20200305_160325.jpg
Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread