5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto Problem

Tchpet

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2021 Bighorn. Sometimes, when I hook up the phone to Android auto, once I disconnect the phone, all phone settings are lost. I have to repair my phone to the radio. Does anyone else have this issue, or have found a way to keep all settings from being lost after you hook the phone up to Android auto?

Yesterday, I also had issues with Android auto. I received a phone call from someone and everything went through the phone and not the truck's hands-free system. I tried all kinds of things to get that working but was unsuccessful. Once I shut the truck off at a rest stop, everything seemed to work okay. However, at the end of the trip, when I unpluged the phone all my phone sayings were gone again!

Getting very tired of needing to pair my phone every time I start the truck.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2021 Bighorn. Sometimes, when I hook up the phone to Android auto, once I disconnect the phone, all phone settings are lost. I have to repair my phone to the radio. Does anyone else have this issue, or have found a way to keep all settings from being lost after you hook the phone up to Android auto?

Yesterday, I also had issues with Android auto. I received a phone call from someone and everything went through the phone and not the truck's hands-free system. I tried all kinds of things to get that working but was unsuccessful. Once I shut the truck off at a rest stop, everything seemed to work okay. However, at the end of the trip, when I unpluged the phone all my phone sayings were gone again!

Getting very tired of needing to pair my phone every time I start the truck.
That would totally suck, but if it works correctly, plugging your phone in with USB automatically pairs it to the truck

Tchpet

Reaction score
That would totally suck, but if it works correctly, plugging your phone in with USB automatically pairs it to the truck
Yes, it connects when I hook it up. However, the next time I'm in the truck the phone is lost and I have to re pair it if I don't hook it up using the cord. Basically, I have to always hook the phone up with the cord which is a pain in the butt. The only time I want to hook it up to the cord is if I am meaning to charge it or do on a long trip where I want to use Waze. I have just shut off projection and will not use Android play until they get some of these bugs figured out.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sure you have to use USB to be connected to Android Auto otherwise your using bluetooth.

Tchpet

Reaction score
Pretty sure you have to use USB to be connected to Android Auto otherwise your using bluetooth.
Correct. I understand that. However, after every time I hook up to Android auto, the next time I get in the truck, the phone will not hook up wirelessly as it is lost in the truck's memory. I have to repair it through Bluetooth every time or hook it up to the cable. The truck should not forget the phone after every time I hook it up and use Android auto. As long as I don't hook it to the cable, the truck continues to remember the phone through Bluetooth. Like I said, I give up. I'm just not going to use Android auto anymore.

Nels

Reaction score
What my one of phone are you using? My Samsung S10 pairs and stays paired just fine, but it never has loaded my contacts. I get a message saying device not compatible.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is strange. I have Galaxy s10. No issues. Hope you can figure it out. I like it just for the Nav. Otherwise I just use Bluetooth.

Tchpet

Reaction score
That is strange. I have Galaxy s10. No issues. Hope you can figure it out. I like it just for the Nav. Otherwise I just use Bluetooth.
Yeah that's the only thing I use it for as well. That's what makes it such a pain. I only plug it in when I'm doing a long trip otherwise I use Bluetooth.

Nels

Reaction score
Android Auto works fine, plugged into USB. Then I have full function of the phone. But if only using Bluetooth no contacts.

20Ram1500BH

Reaction score
Make the uconnect a trusted device on your phone, note this also makes your phone not lock when connected, but has Seemed to fix issue for me

Users who are viewing this thread