5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto display update...

LX Sport

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was a uconnect or android update, but now my screen is 3 boxes instead of the 2. Bottom is the same, audio. But now the map is only the top 1/4 of the screen and the other side is destination and shows last thing I played from my phone. Quiet the opposite of moving towards full screen.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to go back? This is really annoying. @RamCares ?

fliptide

Reaction score
Search android auto coolwalk.
Sounds like you got the AA update. Has nothing to do with ram/uconnect

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was a uconnect or android update, but now my screen is 3 boxes instead of the 2. Bottom is the same, audio. But now the map is only the top 1/4 of the screen and the other side is destination and shows last thing I played from my phone. Quiet the opposite of moving towards full screen.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to go back? This is really annoying. @RamCares ?
Android Auto Coolwalk update. It's rolling out to all android phones. Should be able to change it in the android auto app on your phone

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Should you have any questions, please send us a PM.

William
Ram Cares

nilsd

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Should you have any questions, please send us a PM.

William
Ram Cares
Can I add to the growing list of people begging for fullscreen Android Auto?! With the new coolwalk AA update, it's now 100% a UConnect issue/gap. Many car manufacturers have already updated their systems to support full screen AA, including on UConnect.

I have a 2020 Laramie 1500 with the 12" screen, and have been waiting since day 1 to have full screen AA. It was originally a Google/Android problem to solve, but they've now done their part with the latest update. Need Ram to come in with a simple UConnect update to allow full screen on the 12". I hope it's viewed as a worthy investment for overall brand and existing customer satisfaction. It sure would show off the 12" screen much better.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
maybe a mod can add this topic to the following topic. There are so many topics talking about the same thing

nilsd

Reaction score
Um, it always was a uConnect issue.
Android has always had support for weird size screens and resolutions.
Interesting, thanks. I've never seen it fullscreen on a large screen portrait display.
I guess if that's true, then nothing has "changed" with the update and our level of hope should be about the same as the past few years, i.e. little to none.

AuroraRam

Reaction score
Yes, definitely need full screen. On the 13" display the map is hardly useful. Like, I don't need a widget for the bottom half of the screen. So disappointing.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

On the left side of the screen you should see icons like a microphone and under that a little square icon that will toggle between 1 or 2 screens on the top half. I can take some pics if that doesn't make sense.

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the left side of the screen you should see icons like a microphone and under that a little square icon that will toggle between 1 or 2 screens on the top half. I can take some pics if that doesn't make sense.
I would like to see the pics...
Thanks

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have the top screen split between 2 applications like maps and Spotify just touch the screen you want to take over - i.em touch the Google maps window and it will become the full top screen. Alternatively to go back to a split tap the tile my finger is pointing to in this pic.
Screenshot_20240128_172846_Gallery.jpg

BabaYaga6030

Reaction score
Love my truck, love my 12” screen , this issue with android phones being limited to half the screen Realestate is residuals. This will be my last vehicle with connect

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Love my truck, love my 12” screen , this issue with android phones being limited to half the screen Realestate is residuals. This will be my last vehicle with connect
Yeah cause how can anyone ever figure out how to follow directions in a 6" display. Which is still bigger than most aftermarket GPS units people have been using for years, or any smart phone screen.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah cause how can anyone ever figure out how to follow directions in a 6" display. Which is still bigger than most aftermarket GPS units people have been using for years, or any smart phone screen.
You aren't trying to change songs on a 6 inch gps display...
Also Android Auto is designed for more than just GPS

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You aren't trying to change songs on a 6 inch gps display...
Also Android Auto is designed for more than just GPS
Most people complaining about not having "full screen" AA are primarily complaining because the Nav maps won't go full screen. And I use my SiriusXM subscription and steering wheel controls for music control.

Users who are viewing this thread