5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANC???

Brain h

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to test the anc to see if its actually working..my cab is really "loud" road noise,wind noise,...its much louder than others I've driven..

RichInMN

Reaction score
That's the thing....unplug it where?
The ANC module lives under the driver seat, big white and black plugs, can't miss it.

Having said that, most of our trucks are really quiet, bit some have had noise issues - some have had these addressed at the dealership, while others have implemented their own fixes.

Brain h

Reaction score
The ANC module lives under the driver seat, big white and black plugs, can't miss it.

Having said that, most of our trucks are really quiet, bit some have had noise issues - some have had these addressed at the dealership, while others have implemented their own fixes.
Its inline with the amps though...I would have to look a a diagram to deal with it that way ..not willing to go that in depth on something with a warranty

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Supposedly it shuts off if you have a window open. That makes troubleshooting at speed a bit more difficult but if it's making a discordant tone you might be able to find it.

Brain h

Reaction score
Supposedly it shuts off if you have a window open. That makes troubleshooting at speed a bit more difficult but if it's making a discordant tone you might be able to find it.
I cant tell if it's doing anything at all..at speed, not moving, anything...there is no difference in sound from the vehicle moving,not moving, radio,no radio,...windows up or down..

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cant tell if it's doing anything at all..at speed, not moving, anything...there is no difference in sound from the vehicle moving,not moving, radio,no radio,...windows up or down..

At this point I'd say look into the cab to bed seal that is missing from many builds or take it in to the dealer if it is demonstrably louder than others. That way they can replicate it.

I added the seal to cut dirt from entering the cab and it did cut road noise noticeably. See these:

Brain h

Reaction score
At this point I'd say look into the cab to bed seal that is missing from many builds or take it in to the dealer if it is demonstrably louder than others. That way they can replicate it.

I added the seal to cut dirt from entering the cab and it did cut road noise noticeably. See these:

Already done that homie

Users who are viewing this thread