5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An exciting announcement

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been talking to a developer for the past few days that is going to convert this forum over to a different software. I will be switching this board over to Xenforo software which is basically considered the gold standard.

What this means for you guys: The software will be easier to use and more intuitive, I will be able to design a much more attractive forum, NO MORE SPAM, it will also work better with search engines allowing our forum to be found more easily and all this in turn will help grow the community.

This will also help me as I won't have to manually approve users anymore which I am currently doing due to the spam issues that we have faced. This will leave me with more time to produce content and engage in more discussions as opposed to dealing with things behind the scenes.

The switch will most likely be happening this weekend, I will give everyone advanced notice of when we do it as the forum will be offline for a few hours. I have been assured that no information will be lost and once it is back up and running everything will operate as normal.

I have some experience with this xenforo software after using it for a new project that I have been working on (which I will share with you all soon) and can say without a doubt everyone will be much happier with it.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to keep everyone in the loop, the developer is still working on his previous project, the new anticipated switch over date is Monday.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a little preview for everyone. Most of the styling etc has been done on the new forums. As soon as the developer finishes up his last project and gets all the information from here transferred over we will be making the switch.
263a.png

(see attachment)

Attachments

• Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    944.3 KB · Views: 224

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
awesome...teasing me with that Rebel some more.
1f609.png

Ugh...Can't wait looks cool, not that the website wasn't already top notch.

Thanks for all you and your team are doing.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
devildodge said:
awesome...teasing me with that Rebel some more.
1f609.png

Ugh...Can't wait looks cool, not that the website wasn't already top notch.

Thanks for all you and your team are doing.
Thank you.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Jared - Site is already awesome and it looks to get even better. Thanks for all you do on this site.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
SoCal Truck said:
Jared - Site is already awesome and it looks to get even better. Thanks for all you do on this site.
O appreciate the kind words. Thanks!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We are converting to the new forum software today so the forums will be down for a bit at some point. I appreciate everyone's patience, in the end we will have a much more user friendly and appealing site.

I Love Grits

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
We are converting to the new forum software today so the forums will be down for a bit at some point. I appreciate everyone's patience, in the end we will have a much more user friendly and appealing site.
Did the switch happen Jared? I don't notice anything different.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
All the testing was done over the weekend on a seperate board, as far as I know it went well and we will be switching it either tonight or tomorrow. I'm just getting back into a service area from camping and will check it all out when I get home to my computer.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a lot of threads on this, Chrysler on line customer service seems to be one of the preferred methods.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The new forum layout looks great! Nice job guys!

Glad you like it! It was a long time in the making but I'm happy with it and now finally on the software I wanted to be on. This will also be better for new users as I won't have to manually approve accounts anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread