5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Do it Yourself Garage

LaRamie

Reaction score
That's funny, the owner of the shop I worked at 6 years ago mentioned the same idea. Interesting to see it happen for real, wonder if it will catch and spread.

jamie.howlett

Reaction score
The FAQ on the site is a pretty good read explaining how and why they pulled it off. Not a new concept but they may have a nice blueprint on how to get it accomplished.

LaRamie

Reaction score
The FAQ on the site is a pretty good read explaining how and why they pulled it off. Not a new concept but they may have a nice blueprint on how to get it accomplished.
Yeah, that answers a good bit. I wonder why they can't help physically but they do everything else including bringing it in and setting up lift. If it has to do with the waiver or business licensing maybe since they're renting space? It does have good potential, waiver is an absolute must, can see it being a good service for many but there's always a few that can make it difficult to say the least lol

Jordan2929

Reaction score
That's an awesome idea! looked through the pictures and they've had quite a few people utilize it. If I didnt already have a shop I'd use it for sure. Don't even want to imagine the insurance side of it though.

bvigne01

Reaction score
We had one in the Plano Texas area a few years ago. It folded.

Lize

Reaction score
I believe USAF have similar in UK on either RAF Mildenhall or RAF Lakenheath (can't remember which as the two are very close together), I hear it referred to as The Hobby Shop. It'd be very handy and wish I could use it, I could possibly get signed in by a serviceman but think they'd need to be with me the whole time and so never tried to organise it, would certainly beat struggling with a trolley jack.

Users who are viewing this thread