5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine stereo?

Rdubs20

Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing a new 19 big horn and was wondering if the alpine stereo upgrade for I think around $500 is worth it? How much better is it then the factory regular stereo? Thanks for your input.

B-Rebel

Reaction score
I am unsure of the quality of the regular stereo, but I am very happy with my Alpine setup. my previous truck (GMC Canyon) had the upgraded Bose speakers and I think the Alpine is just as good if not better. Hope this helps

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
+1 for the ‘unsure about the base stereo sound, but love my Alpine’ crew. I knew it was a requirement for me, so I didn’t test drive any trucks on the lot which didn’t have it.

Based on the option being called ‘9-Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer’ I made the assumption (so, grain of salt) that the base stereo didn’t have a sub.

Gmolah

Reaction score
The Base system is not bad, gets some good sound levels, if I had a choice to get the alpine I would take it for 500 more for sure..

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HANDS DOWN ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!

Seriously though. I had the 6 Speaker System in my 14. It was a decent setup and for the average driver / listener, it's good BUT if you enjoy music and like to crank it up and want to maintain a quality listening experience, spend the cash. To get that kind of sound aftermarket, you'll easily spend double.

Jasonml24

Reaction score
The Alpine in my truck is honestly the best system I’ve ever had in a new truck. Definitely worth the extra money. Go have a listen for yourself.

Rdubs20

Reaction score
Perfect...thanks everyone for the replies. I currently have a 2014 with the base level system and it does the job, but I want more this time around.

Stylee99

Reaction score
After reading so many positive opinions on the Alpine system, I’m left wondering if something is wrong with mine - muddy bass, poor quality mids, and really lacking treble. Coming from the HK in my Subaru, it is much worse. I did see some threads about speakers being out of phase, so maybe that’s my issue.

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
After reading so many positive opinions on the Alpine system, I’m left wondering if something is wrong with mine - muddy bass, poor quality mids, and really lacking treble. Coming from the HK in my Subaru, it is much worse. I did see some threads about speakers being out of phase, so maybe that’s my issue.
I seem to recall I had to spend some time configuring the EQ manually, skewing the mids and highs up. If you haven’t tried that, pick a decent input (USB phone, or CD) and see if that helps?

If I remember, I’ll try to snap a pic of my eq.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing a new 19 big horn and was wondering if the alpine stereo upgrade for I think around $500 is worth it? How much better is it then the factory regular stereo? Thanks for your input.
Get it

gatesb77

Reaction score
I like the Alpine. I had the Beats system in my charger and I feel like that was better. I think I need to play around more with the Alpine EQ. I think the sound is better with surround off. Does anyone know if the bigger speakers are in the front or rear? I’ve always thought the bigger speakers we’re in the back so I fade the sound more to the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William28

Reaction score
@B-Rebel are you happy with your alpine? Would you recommend it?
Sorry for being off topic.

I'm looking for a new stereo and I'm leaning towards alpine.

The thing is I've read good and bad. Most review sites cover the good and downgrade the bad. I've read some buyer feedbacks as well and that put me on the fence. Do they ship real melons?
After searching the net I've found a better review. A bit harsh finally one that seems to tell it how it is. What do you think about the Alpine ILX-207 stereo? How bad are the drawbacks?

How hard is life with just one USB? What about the screen resolution is it a pixel war?

Tips?

Users who are viewing this thread