5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alpine speakers

c_l_phillips72

Reaction score
For the 9 speaker Alpine system in the Laramie, does anyone know if those speakers can be purchased at Best Buy or some other similar place? I liked the sound and I’m trying to figure out how much they would cost if sold at a place like Best Buy. Are they $50/pair speakers, or $500/pair speakers? I’m wanting to buy new speakers for my new truck (2019 F250) and I don’t know how much I have to spend on speakers that I’ll be satisfied with, which is why I’m trying to find out how much the Alpines were that I liked in the 19 RAM 1500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’re not going to get the sound from just buying speakers. It’s a “whole” system thing that makes “that sound” as there is an amp, subwoofer and then of course speaker placement.

You could however create a system that would blow the alpine away, it just comes down to budget. A component system up front with a driver in the doors and tweeter in the sail or A pillars, 2 ways in the rear doors if you have them (also optional, depends who you ask) and a 10” sub with a nice 5 channel amp would put you in bliss. That is however if the stock HU is putting out a flat signal, doubtful with a 2019 so a DSP may be required to sum the HU’s output.

c_l_phillips72

Reaction score
You’re not going to get the sound from just buying speakers. It’s a “whole” system thing that makes “that sound” as there is an amp, subwoofer and then of course speaker placement.

You could however create a system that would blow the alpine away, it just comes down to budget. A component system up front with a driver in the doors and tweeter in the sail or A pillars, 2 ways in the rear doors if you have them (also optional, depends who you ask) and a 10” sub with a nice 5 channel amp would put you in bliss. That is however if the stock HU is putting out a flat signal, doubtful with a 2019 so a DSP may be required to sum the HU’s output.

Yes, I’m aware that the whole system creates the whole sound. For many years I’ve really been into home audio/video so I understand all of that, but I haven’t been into car audio since my high school years.

I tend to overspend on stuff I don’t know much about, but I don’t want to overkill this. I’m not looking to have a competition stereo system.

Without knowing how much the Alpine speakers were that I liked in the 19 RAM 1500, I’ve been looking at some JL speakers that are $900/pair, and a sub for about $1,300.

If the Alpine speakers I liked were just $200/pair, I’d start with something in that range which would open the door for replacing more components. But I don’t want to put $200/pair speakers in if the ones I liked were more like $900/pair.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I’m aware that the whole system creates the whole sound. For many years I’ve really been into home audio/video so I understand all of that, but I haven’t been into car audio since my high school years.

I tend to overspend on stuff I don’t know much about, but I don’t want to overkill this. I’m not looking to have a competition stereo system.

Without knowing how much the Alpine speakers were that I liked in the 19 RAM 1500, I’ve been looking at some JL speakers that are $900/pair, and a sub for about $1,300.

If the Alpine speakers I liked were just $200/pair, I’d start with something in that range which would open the door for replacing more components. But I don’t want to put $200/pair speakers in if the ones I liked were more like $900/pair.

The speakers in the ram probably go for about $15 each. They’re not high quality by any means.

djeazie

Reaction score
It's really all about the processing with these factory systems. They are not high quality speakers. The are just processed and crossed over correctly. You would be able to build your own system with moderately priced equipment that would kill the Alpine system. A good car audio system is 20% hardware and 80% install. If You install it right, sounds deaden it right and set up crossovers and frequencies right, you don't need a ton of power or big money equipment.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

c_l_phillips72

Reaction score

It's really all about the processing with these factory systems. They are not high quality speakers. The are just processed and crossed over correctly. You would be able to build your own system with moderately priced equipment that would kill the Alpine system. A good car audio system is 20% hardware and 80% install. If You install it right, sounds deaden it right and set up crossovers and frequencies right, you don't need a ton of power or big money equipment.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.

That makes me feel better that I don’t have to spend thousands to get better sound. I’ll probably spend more on the DSP and Amp now that I don’t need $900/pair speakers.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the 9 speaker Alpine system in the Laramie, does anyone know if those speakers can be purchased at Best Buy or some other similar place? I liked the sound and I’m trying to figure out how much they would cost if sold at a place like Best Buy. Are they $50/pair speakers, or $500/pair speakers? I’m wanting to buy new speakers for my new truck (2019 F250) and I don’t know how much I have to spend on speakers that I’ll be satisfied with, which is why I’m trying to find out how much the Alpines were that I liked in the 19 RAM 1500.

Except for the dash speakers, all 4 door speakers are the exact same part number in the base 6 speaker system as the alpine

bigcitymike

Reaction score
2019 Laramie crew cab, Stock Alpine system here. I've notice the audio in the front door speaker is noticeably lower (R & L) compared to the rear door speakers. Almost sounds as both are muffled. Is this normal?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
The speakers in the ram probably go for about $15 each. They’re not high quality by any means.
Yeah you're right. The 6X9 go for about $15-20 and the HK are $50-60.
The Alpine 3.5" dash speakers are actually more expensive at $30.

Jmorrison

Reaction score

If you are interested I am getting ready to pull all of the alpine speakers out of my new 2019 Limited as I do not like it at all.
(2 F door, 2 R door, 2 dash, amp and sub. I will make you a sweet deal!

Nibis

Reaction score
Correct, cross over not needed. The 6x9 woofers in the Infinity component system are beasts, and work very well. The CDT mid bass woofers are a great choice too

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Correct, cross over not needed. The 6x9 woofers in the Infinity component system are beasts, and work very well. The CDT mid bass woofers are a great choice too
Thanks! I actually have the inf ref components. Installed their reference 2 ways in the rear doors tonight, gunna do the components tomorrow. I have the base 6 speaker system. I think I’m still going to install the supplied crossover for the component, any reason not to do this?

Nibis

Reaction score
Thanks! I actually have the inf ref components. Installed their reference 2 ways in the rear doors tonight, gunna do the components tomorrow. I have the base 6 speaker system. I think I’m still going to install the supplied crossover for the component, any reason not to do this?
So the base system is a different animal, i haven't done as much research on. From what I understand the dash speakers are tied into the door speakers and when you replace the dash speakers, you need base blockers, but im not sure the cross over will do you any good. Hopefully someone with a base system can chime in, or you might need to do some searching to find out. I wish I knew the answer.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the base system is a different animal, i haven't done as much research on. From what I understand the dash speakers are tied into the door speakers and when you replace the dash speakers, you need base blockers, but im not sure the cross over will do you any good. Hopefully someone with a base system can chime in, or you might need to do some searching to find out. I wish I knew the answer.
Gotcha thanks, i appreciate your help! I was planning on doing the resistors that come with the infinity reference dash speakers and then doing the passive crossovers for the front components. So far the rear speakers that I replaced with infinity reference two ways sound awesome, so hopefully the rest of this works out well!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Gotcha thanks, i appreciate your help! I was planning on doing the resistors that come with the infinity reference dash speakers and then doing the passive crossovers for the front components. So far the rear speakers that I replaced with infinity reference two ways sound awesome, so hopefully the rest of this works out well!
All 6 base speakers get full range so you need to use a cross for any speaker that is not suppose to be full range. You need a bass blocker for the dash speakers as well..

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All 6 base speakers get full range so you need to use a cross for any speaker that is not suppose to be full range. You need a bass blocker for the dash speakers as well..
Thanks for chiming in, I’ll definitely run the crossover then for the front doors. The resistors should be sufficient for the dash speakers according to support at crutchfield. I’ll probably get a 4 channel amp in time but hopefully this is good enough for the money now, thanks for everyone’s help!

Users who are viewing this thread