5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Don't know what that is, so no. Can you point me to one that works?

Dumpster_on_Wheels

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully adjusted the TPMS limits using alfaodb? I keep seeing it as a possibility but I've yet to see anyone who's recorded success. I didn't see the option sticking out at me> I think I saw disable only. I have a rebel and i'd prefer to be on the low end of the 55/45psi reccomendations.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully adjusted the TPMS limits using alfaodb? I keep seeing it as a possibility but I've yet to see anyone who's recorded success. I didn't see the option sticking out at me> I think I saw disable only. I have a rebel and i'd prefer to be on the low end of the 55/45psi reccomendations.
You can change, set limits, type ( active or passive ) and disable.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
In case anyone wants to add the factory powered side steps and does not want to pay the dealer for the added sales code here is what I changed in AlfaOBD. Took about 24 hours for the soft key on the 12" screen to show up and the settings option. Also when you deploy or retract the steps a little notification pops up on the gauge cluster.
I've attached photos of the 3 areas that were enabled. Cabin Net-PSSM Power Side Step Module; Cust.Set.Menu 3-Power Side Step Enable/Disable CSM Present; Cust.Set.Menu 2- Automatic Side Step CSM Present.
Screenshot_20200522-162345.png Screenshot_20200522-161956.png Screenshot_20200522-161802.png

Bobbybob

Reaction score
This is a long post and I may have missed it in here somewhere. I also searched the forum but am not able to locate what I am looking for. Can this be used to enable the windows to roll down with the key fob? Or does anyone know if this is even something that can be done. Can’t believe this truck does not have that as a standard feature!?

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a long post and I may have missed it in here somewhere. I also searched the forum but am not able to locate what I am looking for. Can this be used to enable the windows to roll down with the key fob? Or does anyone know if this is even something that can be done. Can’t believe this truck does not have that as a standard feature!?
If manufacturers put EVERYTHING that someone might want on a vehicle, the price would be well over what you paid. And then someone else would ***** about all the useless cr@p that was added just to run up the price. Ain't life a b!t++.

moparleo51

Reaction score
you can do this feature with the tazer dt

Dumpster_on_Wheels

Reaction score
In case Trooper was not aware, this was a feature on a lot of vehicles until more recently including RAM's.
I believe people are reporting that this is do-able with the Tazer DT but not on 5th gens using alfaodb. I think the Tazer achieves this in a different way that the previous/oe factory BCM setting.

Atrophaeus

Reaction score
Question for everyone. Does it matter if you order the OBDLink MX vs OBDLink MX+? The website says either should work for Rams, but the cost is $80 vs $120. So what's the difference? I have a 2019 Rebel and looking to turn on the bed lights and try turning on ventilated seats.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Question for everyone. Does it matter if you order the OBDLink MX vs OBDLink MX+? The website says either should work for Rams, but the cost is $80 vs $120. So what's the difference? I have a 2019 Rebel and looking to turn on the bed lights and try turning on ventilated seats.
Did you add ventilated seats to your Rebel? If not it won't do anything.

Dumpster_on_Wheels

Reaction score
I used the one mentioned in the original post the BAFX one and it was around $25

Atrophaeus

Reaction score
Did you add ventilated seats to your Rebel? If not it won't do anything.
So my Rebel 12 had the full leather, perforated seats and I've read in other forums that the come with the wiring and fan because they are the Laramie seats and you just need the codes switched on for vented (supposed to be an option for the Rebel 12 series). Is that not correct?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
So my Rebel 12 had the full leather, perforated seats and I've read in other forums that the come with the wiring and fan because they are the Laramie seats and you just need the codes switched on for vented (supposed to be an option for the Rebel 12 series). Is that not correct?
Where did you get this information from? There is no option for Rebels to have ventilated seats.

Atrophaeus

Reaction score
Where did you get this information from? There is no option for Rebels to have ventilated seats.
Correct it's not an option but the leather seats they put in for the upgraded version come from the Laramie trim that have vented seats. I read in a different site that all the wiring and set up is there and just not turned on. I definitely could be wrong but worth the try I figured. Does anyone have the perforated leather seats that can try turning it on?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Correct it's not an option but the leather seats they put in for the upgraded version come from the Laramie trim that have vented seats. I read in a different site that all the wiring and set up is there and just not turned on. I definitely could be wrong but worth the try I figured. Does anyone have the perforated leather seats that can try turning it on?
I have the Rebel 12 with the perforated seats and they are just different covers over the same seat that comes in the other Rebels. They are not Laramie seats. I've turned on the options before in AlfaOBD and got nothing but grayed out buttons as we don't have the ventilation module in the passenger seat.
What site is saying that we have all the equipment?

Users who are viewing this thread