5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried with a dealer code and alfa, and sent the logs back and forth to Alexi (the alfaobd developer) and he gave a solid nope. I also tried with Autel, my snap-on rep, autoenginuity and with auto techs electronics, and we all concur..the dealer key exhange needed for a rf hub reset procedure ain't going to happen. You may be able to program a key, but you won't be able to wipe and reset an RF hub to add options, like say proximity entry.

My last effort was spent at my dealer, with a tech and witech device. And, here's the issue.

Even if you enable, like say passive entry in the BCM, and then try to use the WITECH to do the RF Hub reset/reconfig, the script that the WITECH runs when you go to do a RF Hub reset, FIRST refreshes the BCM with whatever your vin config is suppose to be. So, you essentially just wiped out your updates, and you're back to square one again.

I gave up, because until MOPAR allows you to add the passive entry option onto your vin file, every time witech tries an rfh update, its going to give you stock settings. There is no way to just do a rf hub update on its own with a witech tool. And the witech tool is the only tool that can process the 2-way key exchange login.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats what I learned, but I wasn't trying to program a key. I was trying to add passive entry. I'm just posting this because I'm happy to share what I learned. I wish you well, and I hope you'll share any insight, success or failures, in the new system. The 4th gen rf hubs were made by continental. The 5th gens are strattec, and are definetaly different from a security standpoint.

saturn298

Reaction score
Yes. Did work on 4th gens. The 19s don’t use the same RF Hub. The hub itself is from a different manufacturer with a different security model. It’s 2 logins. One is a rolling pin code. It’s a time based code. They expire. And they are single use. The second login, is a challenge, or a 2 way check. Even if you get valid rolling code, which I did, and you get the first login, Alfa software cannot handle 2nd login challenge. It’s a 2-way key exchange with tech authority. The witech tool does the exchange in the background, so even a mopar tech doesn’t see the actual key exchange or login occur.

That's very interesting. guess you learn something everyday

Ramnation

Reaction score
Does anyone know which subcategory you have to select to be able to deactivate the led around the headlights when lights are set to 0. I miss the full off on the 4th gen and it's annoying when I start my truck having the led strips (my parking pad faces my tenants basement suite and even though they are led strips they are pretty damn bright!) The only way to go into full blackout mode is to have the parking brake. By the way this is a 19 limited so I'm not sure if the sport have the same led configuration

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know which subcategory you have to select to be able to deactivate the led around the headlights when lights are set to 0. I miss the full off on the 4th gen and it's annoying when I start my truck having the led strips (my parking pad faces my tenants basement suite and even though they are led strips they are pretty damn bright!) The only way to go into full blackout mode is to have the parking brake. By the way this is a 19 limited so I'm not sure if the sport have the same led configuration
I think I’ve flipped and experimented with any setting related to light output I could find and haven’t been able to make them turn off. It may be called something else. Next I’m going to start turning off the CBC outputs and see if can make them turn off.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
I think I’ve flipped and experimented with any setting related to light output I could find and haven’t been able to make them turn off. It may be called something else. Next I’m going to start turning off the CBC outputs and see if can make them turn off.

I experimented with this today and was not able to find the right combination. They do dim some when headlights come on so I am assuming they could go full off. I have set my DRL to fogs which does not work but it does take the low beams out.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I experimented with this today and was not able to find the right combination. They do dim some when headlights come on so I am assuming they could go full off. I have set my DRL to fogs which does not work but it does take the low beams out.
Good discovery that they do drop voltage when headlight come on. There some some various led voltage settings, although the descriptions may not entirely be correct but that could be the app definitions. I had a tazer dt for a while and it had a dark mode which could kill them momentarily. But I don’t know if it’s a bcm configure setting, or it was a canbus injection exploit.

Ramnation

Reaction score
Me too , does anyone know what the police lighting feature is? I know they would have the ability to go dark?. Also do not try to mess with the drl to the LEDs it's a headache and I had to reprogram my turn signals all around

Also does anyone know if there's a setting to disable park sence? I keep getting this service beep when it's around freezing temp and there's slush on the road

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me too , does anyone know what the police lighting feature is? I know they would have the ability to go dark?. Also do not try to mess with the drl to the LEDs it's a headache and I had to reprogram my turn signals all around

Also does anyone know if there's a setting to disable park sence? I keep getting this service beep when it's around freezing temp and there's slush on the road
From other forums, I have gathered that police mode allows the dash cluster dimmer to go down to full black, and also disabled the trunk pop if you have proximity / passive entry key fob system. Ie like is a officer is nearby, you can’t just push the button and access the trunk.
i read if you enable it, you get the dimmer function, but it disabled our tailgates from opening at all..because the signal button must utilize the same bcm function programming as a trunk.

Grey03svt

Reaction score
Curious if the vented seat button on the 12inch can be added. I bought some Laramie seats with the vented seats and waiting on the repairs to the seat covers before I put them in. Alfaobd has an enable ventalted seat function, just dont know if it'll take to my 12" touchscreen...

Ramnation

Reaction score
Curious if the vented seat button on the 12inch can be added. I bought some Laramie seats with the vented seats and waiting on the repairs to the seat covers before I put them in. Alfaobd has an enable ventalted seat function, just dont know if it'll take to my 12" touchscreen...
There is an option for ventilated front seats in alpha obd so unless there's a standalone module that connects to the bcm if the plugs the same alpha obd should be able to enable the feature

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can enable the option and it will make up appear on your 12”. Keep in mind, any Uconnect change takes up to 2 cycles to refresh, so the button will appear instantly. In my experience it, the bcm and Uconnect need to sit overnight / sleep, and then re awake to initialize and realize the chance.

there may be additional wiring or module involved. No idea. I’d enable and try it. If it doesn’t work, investigate further.

derp

Reaction score
I turned on my CHMSL option today. YAY! next up is the bed lighting kit.

After bed lighting I get into the heavy dig of installing a 360 cam dvr/dashcam and driving the output of that to the CHMSL input so I don't have to have a second screen.

My ultimate plan is to take the DVR output, drive that into a Rasbperry Pi. The raspberry pi will output to the console screen. This way I can have an in-car telemetry logger and 360cam on a single input, no observable wires, all connecting through the onboard hotspot to relay information back to off truck storage without needing to poke at anything.

I was also considering adding in my own 3rd party mirror fold with arduino, but after seeing how badly the tow mirrors vibrate when they aren't locked full in position I don't think thats practical. I think that the servo I would need to overcome the locking force on the mirrors would be too large to fit inside the body easily.

Grey03svt

Reaction score
There is an option for ventilated front seats in alpha obd so unless there's a standalone module that connects to the bcm if the plugs the same alpha obd should be able to enable the feature
I can confirm it does add the button to the screen. After about 24hrs and a few miles of driving, it appeared. Now seeing if the button activates the Laramie seats will have to wait until I get them sewn back up and new airbags in.

Attachments

• 20200126_165437.jpg
    20200126_165437.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 337

derp

Reaction score
I have the vented/heated seats in front and rear. Front shows up on the console, vented rear are separate hard buttons.

Omlifecrew

Reaction score
If I already have the Tazer DT installed do I need to then go and purchase the security bypass or does the DT act as the bypass?

derp

Reaction score
If I already have the Tazer DT installed do I need to then go and purchase the security bypass or does the DT act as the bypass?
I believe the taser DT in one option kit comes with the bypass. if you have 2 devices you plugged in, one was to the obd2 port, and the other was the bypass that lets the taser talk to the truck for windows, lights etc.

ljinnc

Reaction score
Just an FYI This works as SGW bypass also and is available on amazon prime.

Quick question about this connector, do you still plug the OBD bluetooth connector into the trucks OBD port or the port on this connector? Thanks,

derp

Reaction score
You plug it in to the bypass and the obd port
I.... don't get it.

Do you plug in the 8+12 connector end to the spot where the zauto bypass would go and your obd2 reader to the other end? by using this are you effectively disconnecting the in-built obd port?

Users who are viewing this thread