5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. In addition to the ones highlighted below, you must change this one, otherwise the turn signals won’t behave properly-
CBC Config I/O Usage: Separated Lighting Brake Lamp Dropout:- YES
BE99EE75-2856-440A-975B-B9569CBF8C12.jpeg

Georgf

Reaction score
Yes. In addition to the ones highlighted below, you must change this one, otherwise the turn signals won’t behave properly-
CBC Config I/O Usage: Separated Lighting Brake Lamp Dropout:- YES

Thanks!

DieselRebel

Reaction score
I am using the Tire Size AlfaOBD instructions that were posted here and for the life of me I can't get it done. First of all, the drop down menus have changed, so there aren't exact matches for some of the selections. Second, there are now drop down menus in the Body computer for MY2019, 2020, and 2021 PowerNet. I've tried MY2013-17 PowerNet and 2021 PowerNet and no matter what, I get a pop up that says, ECU Verification Failed...(see attached pic below). If click continue I can go to the next step. I click on the car with the open hood, Program Tire Size, enter 2576 in circumference box, press START. Cycle the ignition to OFF and wait one minute. Then back to RUN. It says my instrument cluster should be lit up....NOPE!

After that it says, go into Car Configuration Change > Select Vehconfig 4-dynamic tire circumference.(all or rear) Enter 2576 in the box, START.

ABS Module Reset
Ram1500
ABS....Select ABS ATE/Continental Well, that one doesn't exist. I selected whichever one was the closest to that wording.

Then I try the rest with clearing the faults in the Static ECU Initialization but there aren't any faults to clear.

That's as far as I got. What am I doing wrong? AlfaOBD is as complicated as I thought it would be. It's not very intuitive and can be very frustrating. I think I should have just bought the Rough Country Tool.
I am going to attach a video for this, I did it the other day.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am going to attach a video for this, I did it the other day.
Thanks for the video. I'll check it out later today and give AlfaOBD another shot. AlfaOBD sent me an apk for a beta version of AlfaOBD to try because of that error I was getting.

Edit:
I watched the video and I did the same steps as you did but in a slightly different order. I connected the OBD2 to AlfaOBD before I selected the model and procedure. I'm not sure if that makes a difference. It was good to see the part where you reconfigured the ABS, etc. because I wasn't able to get to that part. Hopefully the beta version of AlfaOBD allows me to finish the recalibration.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Thanks to your video, I was able to successfully program my speedometer! During the ABS step, I wasn't tapping the reconnected button and that would explain why I wasn't getting the fault lights.

It took me two tries to get the tire size correct. I measured tires and the circumference was 2567mm's. That size was still 1 mph off. I went back into AlfaOBD and entered 2625mm's. That was dead nuts on. If you're running 305/55R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, that's your number.

DieselRebel

Reaction score
Awesome glad it worked out for you. I didn't show it in the video but yeah my obd scanner was already connected to tablet before I started. The 2020 DT version is the one I use and it works, no issues with park sensors, I was also able to remove my speed limiter with AlfaOBD. The 5th gen trucks model code is DT where pre 2019 or classic is DS.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Awesome glad it worked out for you. I didn't show it in the video but yeah my obd scanner was already connected to tablet before I started. The 2020 DT version is the one I use and it works, no issues with park sensors, I was also able to remove my speed limiter with AlfaOBD. The 5th gen trucks model code is DT where pre 2019 or classic is DS.
What is the speed limiter set at?

DieselRebel

Reaction score
What is the speed limiter set at?
Mine was set at 104 mph and I removed it and can go 110 now. I haven't tried to go as fast as 115. I just did 110 once to see if it worked.
115 and can't be changed via AlfaODB.
Mine was around 104 before I took it off with Alfa so it worked on that. I don't know about the 115 though. I have an ecodiesel so I'm close to redlining at 110. My 4th gen hemi was also around 104.

Last edited:

vincentw56

Reaction score
Mine was set at 104 mph and I removed it and can go 110 now. I haven't tried to go over 115. I just did 110 once to see if it worked.

Mine was definitely at 104 before I took it off with Alfa so it worked on that. I don't know about the 115 though.
I'll give it a try. I was told you couldn't remove it with AlfaODB.

DieselRebel

Reaction score
I'll give it a try. I was told you couldn't remove it with AlfaODB.
It may not have worked before Alfa released the update that actually has 2019, 2020, and 2021 models as options. I think previously when people tried it they picked the 2017 model cause that was the newest one listed. So yours goes 115 already?

vincentw56

Reaction score
It may not have worked before Alfa released the update that actually has 2019, 2020, and 2021 models as options. So yours goes 115 already?
Don't know, that's what I was told. 100 is as fast as I went. It was by accident just after I got it. I was following a guy and looked down and saw the speed. I'm so surprised how well the truck feels at that speed. It feels just as good as if I'm doing 60. The loaner Wrangler I'm driving feels like crap at any speed and it's a brand new 2021.

KMach

Reaction score
Steps I took in Alfa to remove speed limiter and worked for me. No sound on video but have captions explaining
Only thing I can come up with is that your tire size might of made your speedometer read differently. I went to this setting and mine was already disabled. I proceeded to goto the max speed entry and that was at 0.000kph. So with that being said, mine is still destined for 104.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Steps I took in Alfa to remove speed limiter and worked for me. No sound on video but have captions explaining
That setting doesn’t do anything, and is already set to “no” from the factory on all ram trucks.

DieselRebel

Reaction score
That setting doesn’t do anything, and is already set to “no” from the factory on all ram trucks.
Update: So I tested it out today on a perfectly flat road and hit a wall at 108 then it stayed at 106. When I hit 110 it was because I had a downhill road on that test. So two things, I don't believe that I changed anything as you said. Also the speed limiter seems to be set at 106 not 104.

Sorry for the false hope guys, not many times I actually go over a 100 to test it

Last edited:

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update: So I tested it out today on a perfectly flat road and hit a wall at 108 then it stayed at 106. When I hit 110 it was because I had a downhill road on that test. So two things, I don't believe that I changed anything as you said. Also the speed limiter seems to be set at 106 not 104.

Sorry for the false hope guys, not many times I actually go over a 100 to test it
Two mph at that speed only counts in NASCAR.

Users who are viewing this thread