5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

MeyerzRam

Reaction score
When angry wife calls you from the road asking what did you do to new truck, that she is barely going 50 mph but the display shows 80. And why did you had to **** with it, instead of just pay dealerships to recalibrate it.

Well she has it switched to km/h...

Classic. It’s way too easy to switch over to km/h.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When angry wife calls you from the road asking what did you do to new truck, that she is barely going 50 mph but the display shows 80. And why did you had to **** with it, instead of just pay dealerships to recalibrate it.

Well she has it switched to km/h...
Been there except mine was with my last truck (Ford diesel)..."What do you mean you just failed smog again?"

saylor

Reaction score
once you have a copy of alpha OBD and the security dongle and a ODB dongle - can i program whatever car or is it tied to the first car it syncs with or its open or ?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
once you have a copy of alpha OBD and the security dongle and a ODB dongle - can i program whatever car or is it tied to the first car it syncs with or its open or ?
You can use it with any car or truck that AlfaODB supports. It isn't married to it like a Tazer DT.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

obrien

Reaction score
I could not find it - is there a way to make car lock the doors right when I shift from P? Or does it only lock once some preset speed is reached.

Lsufan1969

Reaction score
can you put link to the alpha OBD adapter YOU USED to change fuel tank size to 33 gallons. I had the dealership swap my tank from 26 gallon to 33 gallon tank last week. but said they didn’t know how to change the tank size in truck. Now when I fill up, fuel gauge shows 326 miles and does not start decreasing until i run out the additional 7 gallons of gas

dave-geri

Reaction score
I made a few other changes to my truck while changing the tire size and now it's lit up like a Christmas tree.

All the Park sense, Col warning, traction control, lane sense, ABS, steering control, 4WD etc is all throwing errors.

One of the options was to enable off road camera and then off road. Didn't seem to do anything but break the 360 surround and the power steps so I set them back to what they were.

It's not shown, but the wheelbase was actually not set, then I noticed after an AlhpaOBD update, it was set incorrectly at 120". I've tried to unset it and set it to 160" and it doesn't seem to matter.

I've made many key cycles and driven the truck and cleared a few fault codes like U412 U415 and it won't clear itself up.

I don't know if the truck just needs more time or ??

Any thoughts? Any way to reset the BCM? All I've really done is DRL and added TTPMS.

Changes made to the following but all set back to original.

Car configuration change: Speedometer Range Max Scale: ' NOT SET ' -> '5 '
Car configuration change: Actual Gear Display: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Manual DPF Regeneration Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Wiper Service Position Enabled: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Maximum Vehicle Speed (0 - 500km/h): '400.000 KM/H ' -> '100 '
Car configuration change: Max Load Inflation Pressure Front Tire (0-126PSI): '65.000 PSI ' -> '80 '
Car configuration change: Off-road Mode Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Off-road Camera Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Off-road Camera Present: ' YES ' -> '0 '
Car configuration change: Off-road Mode Present: ' YES ' -> '0 '
Car configuration change: Maximum Vehicle Speed (0 - 500km/h): '200.000 KM/H ' -> '250 '
Do you have any step by step info or videos on adding TTPMS? Ive installed all the required parts. I decided to bring it to the dealer to "activate" it but they are clueless! Please help!

obrien

Reaction score
can you put link to the alpha OBD adapter YOU USED to change fuel tank size to 33 gallons. I had the dealership swap my tank from 26 gallon to 33 gallon tank last week. but said they didn’t know how to change the tank size in truck. Now when I fill up, fuel gauge shows 326 miles and does not start decreasing until i run out the additional 7 gallons of gas
I have not change the Tank Size but for AlphaOBD I use this:

Both works perfectly with Android phone and I would assume with PC as well.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have any step by step info or videos on adding TTPMS? Ive installed all the required parts. I decided to bring it to the dealer to "activate" it but they are clueless! Please help!

Look at this thread for the HD trucks, maybe it will help.

For the HD trucks, we had to enable:

VehConfig 8: Trailer TPM enabled

P/T Chassis Net: TTPM enabled.

tyromeo55

Reaction score
Both works perfectly with Android phone and I would assume with PC as well.

I had great luck on my PC (bluetooth) using that BAFX adapter and Alpha. only thing different is that I used the ECRI bypass

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
do you have the p/n of the fuel tank and what other parts needed? what did it cost you? Fuel tank swap

Evank33

Reaction score
Don't know if this can be done but saw the euro ram taillights are programmed for the upper brake light to be brakes and the lower to be the turn signal. How could I do this on my truck?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
do you have the p/n of the fuel tank and what other parts needed? what did it cost you? Fuel tank swap

cos4x4

Reaction score
Question, I am having issues setting the TPMS low pressure threshold on my 2020 2500. Below is a pic of what I am seeing.
IMG_9820.jpg

I have successfully set the low level to 25psi, yet I still get the error.
I just rotated the tires and the red tires/numbers are now showing in the front.
I have driven the truck for a good 3k miles like this and have no idea how to get rid of the tire pressure light.

Any ideas?
Thanks guys!

Str8Ripon

Reaction score
Looking to swap out halogens for factory LEDs on my Big Horn using the retro shop harness. Wondering I’ll be able to play with the DRL/lights to reconfigure accent lights, etc or if Alpha won’t be able to do this because of the harness?

Lthary

Reaction score
I have try to enable the Auto High Beam today, but I can find in Alfaobd no line for: Lin & Misc: Smart Beam Present (AHBM) . Any idea?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Lthary

Reaction score
I do not have the mirror with the buttons , is possible to replace with one with Auto high beam?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you are able to change the number of blinks for the one touch lane change with this?

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you are able to change the number of blinks for the one touch lane change with this?
That's a great question, I'd also like to know that.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

db252

Reaction score
Went looking for this recently. Would most likely be in the steeering control module like our Ford but wasn’t able to pull up anything in that section. Probably have to wait till Alfa adds that functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread