5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Edmontonram

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has seen an option in alpha to enable these two options? Or is there maybe a dealer update that someone knows about?

The screen shot is from a 2020. I also have a 2020 full nav unit but am missing these settings, I really dislike the active backup lines.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ce99d4604ee01d29437cb977c7034338.jpg

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has seen an option in alpha to enable these two options? Or is there maybe a dealer update that someone knows about?

The screen shot is from a 2020. I also have a 2020 full nav unit but am missing these settings, I really dislike the active backup lines.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ce99d4604ee01d29437cb977c7034338.jpg
CustSetMenu 1: Rear View Camera Gridlines CSM Present- STATIC + DYNAMIC

phillipcgp

Reaction score
Is there anything alfo does performance wise? I replaced my halogen bulbs with led and ordered an alfa, only to find the bulbs i used didnt throw codes. So now look for a reason to use it. Only thing I can think of is folding mirrors at power off.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is there anything alfo does performance wise? I replaced my halogen bulbs with led and ordered an alfa, only to find the bulbs i used didnt throw codes. So now look for a reason to use it. Only thing I can think of is folding mirrors at power off.
No, it doesn't do anything with performance. The folding mirrors won't work either.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

RAMguy1981

Reaction score
It works on the 2021s just fine. They’re all the same settings, there’s just a few missing that you can’t enable yet, like the reverse trailer steering module and the digital rear view mirror. Other than that, everything else can still be enabled.
Every time I try to use it I get a not supported message

RAMguy1981

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the fog lights from coming on when turning left or right? now that I am running LED pods where the fogs were, it is drawing a lot of attention when I toss my turn signal on, or have the wheel turned left or right.
I have mine set to not drop out when the high berms are on. Mine are always on so they don’t do it. I live in the middle of nowhere so it is dark and need them in all the time

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Every time I try to use it I get a not supported message
What setting are you trying to change when you get that message. I’ve walked someone with a 2021 rebel through several changes that took immediately.

RAMguy1981

Reaction score
What setting are you trying to change when you get that message. I’ve walked someone with a 2021 rebel through several changes that took immediately.
Well I’m trying to get the truck to Recognize rear led bulbs. Interesting enough I get no error message for led signals or reverse. But the brake lights stay bright like I’m hitting the brake all the time and don’t dim to drive lights. Very frustrating!

RAMguy1981

Reaction score
Well I’m trying to get the truck to Recognize rear led bulbs. Interesting enough I get no error message for led signals or reverse. But the brake lights stay bright like I’m hitting the brake all the time and don’t dim to drive lights. Very frustrating!
I have every setting for LED lights and no fix

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did you install them properly? try flipping them over. the bright and dim are two different wires in the bulbs.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wondering if this will allow a change to the rear box light to come on in drive? Or the parking brake not to activate with the drivers door open to see the trailer turning (outside the mirror zone) into its parking spot? Can or will the dealer do this? Or Tazer?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my box and cargo lights will turn on while driving if you hit the button. The parking brake if you open the door is hard coded. you can get around this by keeping the seatbelt fastened. what you do with this knowledge is up to you.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my box and cargo lights will turn on while driving if you hit the button. The parking brake if you open the door is hard coded. you can get around this by keeping the seatbelt fastened. what you do with this knowledge is up to you.
Interesting. Mine is a '21 and will do neither.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you hitting the cargo light button? its the round one one the left. top is fogs, bottom is cargo lights. if you have fogs its split in half. you should always be able to turn the cargo lights on. with alphaobd you can enable the fogs anytime too, and not cut off with highbeams etc.

85370d56-30c7-49b5-a6e6-4d1dc9d459bb.jpeg

there's a bunch of times ive flicked the fogs off and on instead of the cargo lights.

again as long as the driver seatbelt is fastened you should be able to open the door without autopark engaging.

If the vehicle is not in PARK and the driver exits the
vehicle with the engine running, the vehicle may AutoPark.
AutoPark will engage when all of these conditions are met:

• Vehicle is equipped with a rotary shifter and an 8-speed
transmission
• Vehicle is not in PARK
• Vehicle speed is 1.2 MPH (1.9 km/h) or less
• Driver’s seat belt is unbuckled
• Driver’s door is ajar
• Brake Pedal is not depressed

The MESSAGE “ AutoPark Engaged Shift to P then Shift
to Gear” will display in the instrument cluster.

Last edited:

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are going faster than 0 mph then your cargo lights will not turn on, just the bed LED lights.

I do have this setting:

Baggage (Cargo) Lamp Output Disabled with vehicle moving: No

Even though it is set to 'No' my cargo lamp turns off when I start driving (or doesn't come on if the truck is moving).

I haven't tried changing it to see if the opposite happens.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't turn my cargo light on when driving but I can in reverse.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any Discouts or Sales on the OBDLink MX+?

ETA: Will the AlphaOBD run on the 12" Uconnect?
Put the USB Dongle on and plug that in to it.

Malodave

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread