5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I did the ABS initialization, Static ECU Initialization, and Clearing Rolls Information. I tried it three times followed by setting the size back to stock and lost ParkSense every time I was on something other than stock. If you’ve successfully done it that gives me hope that I can get it working.
Are you using pre-defined tire sizes from the list, or the actual circumference in cm?

CoyoteJosh

Reaction score
I put on a set of Goodyear Duratracs off of 2020 Rebel (275/70/R18), but didn't see them in the list of available options, so I ended up measuring the tire with a level on top and calculating the circumference that way (2590mm).

Last edited:

CoyoteJosh

Reaction score
I tried it again over lunch to no success. I did notice that under Parking -> Parktronics module there is a B222A - Vehicle Line Mismatch fault present that comes back after clearing. Once I switch back tire size to what was stock the fault clears. I may just have to settle with my speedometer reading off by a few MPH.

1500DFW

Reaction score
Has anybody turned in the auto-fold mirrors option in Alfa and had the option show up in UConnect? The option just beeps and turns back off when I try to enable it. But just thought it was interesting. Maybe a software update or something would enable it.
3a2a0fdd7a062e43555f29c4c3870838.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody turned in the auto-fold mirrors option in Alfa and had the option show up in UConnect? The option just beeps and turns back off when I try to enable it. But just thought it was interesting. Maybe a software update or something would enable it.
3a2a0fdd7a062e43555f29c4c3870838.jpg

It won’t ever work. I had the developer add that setting to the list from the grand Cherokee settings (since they offer the feature). We figured out it is a limitation of the firmware in the BCMs used for Rams.

1500DFW

Reaction score
Gotcha. Well that’s a shame. It’s a nice feature to have.

slowjam

Reaction score
Before buying the software+hardware combo, can someone please tell me if it possible to disable the "power tailgate release option". In a perfect world, I'd like to disable its functionality on the key FOB (if someone has done it with out the Alpha tool, please let me know how). The only other reason to buy the tool is if I get bigger tires.
Thanks for any input....

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Before buying the software+hardware combo, can someone please tell me if it possible to disable the "power tailgate release option". In a perfect world, I'd like to disable its functionality on the key FOB (if someone has done it with out the Alpha tool, please let me know how). The only other reason to buy the tool is if I get bigger tires.
Thanks for any input....
You can disable the power tailgate release switch on the tailgate, but you don’t want to do that for obvious reasons. There is no way to disable the REMOTE tailgate release feature from the fob. That feature is automatically embedded in every rf hub, so if there’s a fob programmed to the hub that has the tailgate release button, it is automatically waiting for its signal. Your only options are to either destroy the contacts on the fob for that button, or get a fob programmed for your truck that doesn’t have that button.

slowjam

Reaction score
I watched a few YouTube FOB repair videos (older style FOB, though), so I was hopping to put a spacer or some sort, as the contact is probably mechanical, between the rubber pad and the round contact on the circuit board.
Option # 2 is to buy a key FOB without the release button and then have the dealer pair it up with the truck....(still cheaper than the new tailgate)

The only reason I want to accomplish this is the fact that I have 2 friends who have gone through 3 tailgates as they would accidentally hit release button, which would in turn open the tailgate and slam it on one of those concrete posts you see in the parking lots guarding gas meters, water valves, etc, etc

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
I have been reading religiously through this thread and I’m interested in doing 2 things to my 2021 Rebel.

before I purchase AlfaOBD and the bypass part, I would like to get a confirmation of these things working properly so I can attempt to make them work!

1st- was reading earlier of people having success with CHMSL lights working on their rams but was wondering if anyone has installed the OEM CHMSL Camera on their 2019+ and had it working on their 12” screen properly. if so, are there any how-to’s for the install?

2nd - like everyone has asked and stated, the notorious ventilated seats. I had a 2019 ram Laramie with heated/ventilated seats and my 2021 Rebel only has heated seats in the front. Has anyone done this retrofit with the parts that have been listed to purchase to swap out before adding the values on AlfaOBD and getting them to fully work? If anyone has done this, is there a how-to or install diagram that can be posted as I would greatly appreciate it!

any information on the above 2 will be greatly appreciated and would like to start purchasing the parts for the aforementioned builds. Thanks!

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
I have been reading religiously through this thread and I’m interested in doing 2 things to my 2021 Rebel.

before I purchase AlfaOBD and the bypass part, I would like to get a confirmation of these things working properly so I can attempt to make them work!

1st- was reading earlier of people having success with CHMSL lights working on their rams but was wondering if anyone has installed the OEM CHMSL Camera on their 2019+ and had it working on their 12” screen properly. if so, are there any how-to’s for the install?

2nd - like everyone has asked and stated, the notorious ventilated seats. I had a 2019 ram Laramie with heated/ventilated seats and my 2021 Rebel only has heated seats in the front. Has anyone done this retrofit with the parts that have been listed to purchase to swap out before adding the values on AlfaOBD and getting them to fully work? If anyone has done this, is there a how-to or install diagram that can be posted as I would greatly appreciate it!

any information on the above 2 will be greatly appreciated and would like to start purchasing the parts for the aforementioned builds. Thanks!
I can't confirm the information but I'm pretty sure you can do it because you can activate anything that would be stock on any trim level.
Also, just in case you're interested, I'm selling my Zautomotive bypass if you want and if you're in the area 🤷🏻‍♂️

Daverous

Reaction score

The chmsl camera has not been successfully added yet. As far as I know we can't even purchase the mirror yet. It also won't work on the 12" because the camera is digital. The only unused camera input on the head unit is analog.

Regarding vented seats - yes, it can be done with the right parts. I've done it on my rebel.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
The chmsl camera has not been successfully added yet. As far as I know we can't even purchase the mirror yet. It also won't work on the 12" because the camera is digital. The only unused camera input on the head unit is analog.

Regarding vented seats - yes, it can be done with the right parts. I've done it on my rebel.
Well done! Vented seats are on my to do list. Just need to find a decent priced set of donors.

dwalme

Reaction score
I tried it again over lunch to no success. I did notice that under Parking -> Parktronics module there is a B222A - Vehicle Line Mismatch fault present that comes back after clearing. Once I switch back tire size to what was stock the fault clears. I may just have to settle with my speedometer reading off by a few MPH.

My park sense is not working either after changing my tire size on my 2021 Big Horn.

I think I prefer an accurate speedometer over park sense though.

Can you share what the default tire size is? My pixel 3 phone has a compatibility issue with Alfaobd (and storage) and I was not able to back up my configuration before making the change.

I used a preset for 275/60R20. Which turns out to be 2462mm. Does anyone know the value that the RAM Rebels have by default? Those have 33” tires too IIRC.

Last edited:

CoyoteJosh

Reaction score
My park sense is not working either after changing my tire size on my 2021 Big Horn.

I think I prefer an accurate speedometer over park sense though.

Can you share what the default tire size is? My pixel 3 phone has a compatibility issue with Alfaobd (and storage) and I was not able to back up my configuration before making the change.

I used a preset for 275/60R20. Which turns out to be 2462mm. Does anyone know the value that the RAM Rebels have by default? Those have 33” tires too IIRC.

The default tire size for me was 2462. I emailed the developer of alfa and he recommend to revert back to that and increase in small increments to determine when the fault started to throw. By doing this I was able to determine the fault kicked in somewhere around 2560mm tire circumference. Luckily after fiddling a bit, I determined that the perfect size for the Rebel takeoffs I put on was 2550mm. With that setting the speedometer is spot on at 1-80mph (I haven't tested at anything higher than that, but I would assume it is also accurate). ParkSense is working as well, which is a big plus for me just to retain all factory functionality.

dwalme

Reaction score
The default tire size for me was 2462. I emailed the developer of alfa and he recommend to revert back to that and increase in small increments to determine when the fault started to throw. By doing this I was able to determine the fault kicked in somewhere around 2560mm tire circumference. Luckily after fiddling a bit, I determined that the perfect size for the Rebel takeoffs I put on was 2550mm. With that setting the speedometer is spot on at 1-80mph (I haven't tested at anything higher than that, but I would assume it is also accurate). ParkSense is working as well, which is a big plus for me just to retain all factory functionality.

Thank you for this. I located another Android phone to use without the storage issue so I could back up my configuration and attempted this again.

Turns out I had the tire size set to 2558. I changed it back to 2462 and Parksense worked. Changed it to 2550 and still worked. Changed it to 2556 and still works.

I guess it’s also possible it was the device I used this time vs my Pixel 3. I should have redone the process with 2558 to test. Maybe I’ll try again.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

MeyerzRam

Reaction score
I was shipped 2 bypass modules by mistake if someone wants to buy it at a discount. PM me if interested. $25 plus the ride. SOLD!!!!!

Last edited:

iLikeRamsnow

Reaction score
Hey all, can someone answer a question for me,

On a 2020 8.4 Uconnect non nav, can you enable themes in Alfaobd? - I’ve searched all over for an answer

2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 etorque

1500DFW

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can adjust the temperature threshold for the auto-on comfort option? I think it’s 40 and 80 by default. But this morning at 48 degrees would have been nice to turn the heater on.

I’m not sure if it can be done or what setting in AlfaOBD IT is. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread