5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

ram1500L

Reaction score
what am I doing wrong? It connected but I do not see option on bottom right in software.

Attachments

• 0C6B8F59-9366-4B30-B252-1A63F73DDC7D.jpeg
    0C6B8F59-9366-4B30-B252-1A63F73DDC7D.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 237

Twoamen

Reaction score
I purchased Windows version alfaobd.
Any you folks have trouble with windows version of alfaobd software.
I'm using koabtech SBC. MX, ob2 module.
Bluetooth, connect identify vehicle, click "body control", 2019 year. It says connected. Nothing happens does not reveal where you click the car and go to the area to connect/start setting change.
I may pay for Android just because it completes the above issue in demo mode.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Today I tried to tweak (again) my tire size a little, trying to dial it in.

Now I have a C2212 ECU in Plant Mode and C006A Multi-axis Acceleration Sensor Missing calibration that will not clear.

Doing the same as always, Static ECU init, but the option to clear Rolling Codes is missing form the drop down on both windows 2.2.2.0 and android 2.1.9.3 versions.

AlfaOBD doesn't want to connect to my engine ECU which keeps popping a U0415 Network code (I have to use Torque to see/clear this).

I pulled the ABS pump fuse, no change. Battery disconnect?

I've done this many times and never had an issue. Any suggestions?

MeyerzRam

Reaction score
I purchased Windows version alfaobd.
Any you folks have trouble with windows version of alfaobd software.
I'm using koabtech SBC. MX, ob2 module.
Bluetooth, connect identify vehicle, click "body control", 2019 year. It says connected. Nothing happens does not reveal where you click the car and go to the area to connect/start setting change.
I may pay for Android just because it completes the above issue in demo mode.

Yes. Search my answers for windows in the other post.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Today I tried to tweak (again) my tire size a little, trying to dial it in.

Now I have a C2212 ECU in Plant Mode and C006A Multi-axis Acceleration Sensor Missing calibration that will not clear.

Doing the same as always, Static ECU init, but the option to clear Rolling Codes is missing form the drop down on both windows 2.2.2.0 and android 2.1.9.3 versions.

AlfaOBD doesn't want to connect to my engine ECU which keeps popping a U0415 Network code (I have to use Torque to see/clear this).

I pulled the ABS pump fuse, no change. Battery disconnect?

I've done this many times and never had an issue. Any suggestions?

NM, got it.

Latest version update broke something. I had to go advanced mode (Windows only) and force it to 2013-2018 (2020 3500), then run all the steps and it cleared.

1599780032210.png

1599780296794.png

Twoamen

Reaction score
I never could get windows version to work and the formatting was to left of screen. Made for missing characters.
So I bought android app. It worked perfectly. Tire size changed to 2573mm which measured from a two foot level on top of tire to ground. Measured 32.250 inches. (MFG specs were 33 inches) Speedometer Mph is exact on. Changed Fog light drop out.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is this? I’ve seen people mention it but don’t get it.
The fog lights normally drop out (turn off) when you turn on the high beams. This is based on using your high beams already are at about the max light output allowed by vehicle code.

The setting comes enabled, but if you go into the BCM and disable that option your fog lights will stay on with your high beams.

I'm not sure about the halogens but my OEM LED fog lights have a very low cutoff and are more of a light supplement below the headlight range.

Alptbird

Reaction score
okay CD player and RAM Qi charger installed. ALfaOBD was required. but it was simple, showed up after the "key Cycle", all was good. Qi changer works great, added Airplay 2 usb module so I no longer have to connect the cell via usb to charge or play on the radio! win!

Question, I have been looking and watching closely but is there a way to change the drive hours? I have "upgraded my instrument cluster and the mileage changed fine but i am not seeing an option to change the drive hours. Even if i go to the previous generation, where i know you can, i have seen it and done it for a neighbor, i can't seem to find that specific menu option for the 2020. I am actively keeping up with drive hours so I know what they should be at such time as I have a fix, but the truck is going in for Recall fixes Friday and would like to try and get that fixed before the dealer see it and looses their sh*t.

I have short list of items i need to work out before they get the vehicle back.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
okay CD player and RAM Qi charger installed. ALfaOBD was required. but it was simple, showed up after the "key Cycle", all was good. Qi changer works great, added Airplay 2 usb module so I no longer have to connect the cell via usb to charge or play on the radio! win!

Question, I have been looking and watching closely but is there a way to change the drive hours? I have "upgraded my instrument cluster and the mileage changed fine but i am not seeing an option to change the drive hours. Even if i go to the previous generation, where i know you can, i have seen it and done it for a neighbor, i can't seem to find that specific menu option for the 2020. I am actively keeping up with drive hours so I know what they should be at such time as I have a fix, but the truck is going in for Recall fixes Friday and would like to try and get that fixed before the dealer see it and looses their sh*t.

I have short list of items i need to work out before they get the vehicle back.
I would contact Alexey, the developer ([email protected]), and ask him to work on adding it. So, you ARE able to correct the mileage for sure on the 5th gen premium clusters now with AlfaOBD?
Don’t worry about the hours for a dealer visit. All they care about is the mileage, and they wouldn’t even give a second thought about hours. It’s known that the hours aren’t even kept accurately anyway, and they sometimes jump around.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
Since the dealer is useless in enabling the tailgate ajar warning on my truck I am looking into purchasing AlfaOBD to do it myself. Does anyone in Canada have a recommendation for the bypass module/cable and Bluetooth adapter for an android device?

I bought this SGW bypass from amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/AUGOCOM-Unive...83XB5AM9P59A&refRID=DQZR8A2083XB5AM9P59A&th=1

It's about the cheapest you will find here in Canada but it is a quality cable. So far I used it to change DRL location to turn signals and disabled foglight dropout with high beams. I can't link my OBD2 adapter as it's 6 years old and doesn't seem to be available anymore but I bought it from Amazon for around $20. If I was ever going to buy a new OBD2 scanner it would most definitely be this one:

https://www.amazon.ca/OBDLink-Bluet...ywords=mx+&qid=1600293469&s=automotive&sr=1-1

Shives

Reaction score
Looks like that’s the best one to get! If I would do it again, or if I can sell mine, I’ll upgrade

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's the exact same one I have. Works perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Alptbird

Reaction score
I would contact Alexey, the developer ([email protected]), and ask him to work on adding it. So, you ARE able to correct the mileage for sure on the 5th gen premium clusters now with AlfaOBD?
Don’t worry about the hours for a dealer visit. All they care about is the mileage, and they wouldn’t even give a second thought about hours. It’s known that the hours aren’t even kept accurately anyway, and they sometimes jump around.
I did! Using the 4th gen net. I tried the 19 net and the 20 net but was able to using the *-18 net. It took a couple tries but rolled the mileage right where it was programmed.
Thanks for the heads up I will drop Alexey a line to see if it in on the list yet or not. Appreciate it.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did! Using the 4th gen net. I tried the 19 net and the 20 net but was able to using the *-18 net. It took a couple tries but rolled the mileage right where it was programmed.
Thanks for the heads up I will drop Alexey a line to see if it in on the list yet or not. Appreciate it.
Even when faking the connection as a 2018, the hours change setting won’t show up?

Alptbird

Reaction score
Even when faking the connection as a 2018, the hours change setting won’t show up?
Yes it shows up, but always gives a error or says it did not complete the cycle and doesn't change anything. App seems to lock up for second and then flips to the unsuccessful screen. I tried multiple times thinking, like a couple videos I watched on it, that unsuccessful report doesn't necessarily mean it didn't work. Well, it just didn't work. Wish I had thought to take some pictures.
Guessing thinking isn't my strong suite here...

Users who are viewing this thread