5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If for some reason the tech is told by the computer to reset the PCM and reload defaults it will remove your settings. ( techs only follow flow charts, they are mindless drones these days. They do what the witech or the service bulletin says without question. )
A PCM flash doesn’t affect AlfaOBD settings, since they have nothing to do with each other. Now, if there’s a recall/TSB that involves new BCM software, or if for some reason you are having a warranty issue that requires a “restore vehicle configuration”, then yes, the changed settings will be reverted.

Big3MG

Reaction score
I successfully lowered my TPMS thresholds on my 2020 RAM 1500 using the Alphaobd tool and an old Android tablet I had meant to throw out. I bought MX OBDLink (regular, not plus), and an SGW bypass from Infotainment. I reset the TPMS pressure thresholds but remembered that I needed to reset the RFH and needed the PIN. So, I headed to the dealer a few miles away.I then noticed that the TPMS warning message and lite went away. I have a 2020 RAM 1500. Maybe whoever said that the RFH hub needed resetting just didn’t wait long no enough.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I successfully lowered my TPMS thresholds on my 2020 RAM 1500 using the Alphaobd tool and an old Android tablet I had meant to throw out. I bought MX OBDLink (regular, not plus), and an SGW bypass from Infotainment. I reset the TPMS pressure thresholds but remembered that I needed to reset the RFH and needed the PIN. So, I headed to the dealer a few miles away.I then noticed that the TPMS warning message and lite went away. I have a 2020 RAM 1500. Maybe whoever said that the RFH hub needed resetting just didn’t wait long no enough.
The 2019+ rams use a different rf hub that doesn’t require a reset for the TPMS thresholds. If you have the selectable tire fill alert setting in the radio, you don’t need AlfaOBD at all to lower the thresholds.

Big3MG

Reaction score
I see no options to adjust pressures and I’ve been thru everything on that radio. Seems Selectable Tire Fill Alert is a Jeep and RAM HD option, not available in the 1500 even though I have a Rebel. Seems an odd option to leave off an off road vehicle.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I see no options to adjust pressures and I’ve been thru everything on that radio. Seems Selectable Tire File Alert is a Jeep and RAM HD option, not available in the 1500 even though I have a Rebel. Seems an odd option to leave off an off road vehicle.
Try enabling VehicleConfig 8 selectable tire fill alert, and CustSetMenu 3 tire fill alert.

Big3MG

Reaction score
There is TireFillAlert but not SelectableTireFillAlert listed under VehicleConfig8. Tire Fill Alert Enable/Disable CSM Present: Yes (is already set).

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is TireFillAlert but not SelectableTireFillAlert listed under VehicleConfig8. Tire Fill Alert Enable/Disable CSM Present: Yes (is already set).
If you have the windows version, you can switch over to advanced mode and change the body computer to 2020 HD BCM. That will force the setting to show up for you to change.

zendesigner

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I bought the odb mx + alfaodb and was today able to succesfully logon and see all the settings and test some small changes. i have a 2019 limited. But i'm in europe so the standard programming has been europeanized. meaning some things are better, some things are worse.

Now there is a huge list of adaptations that can be made but there is no full explanation what everything does.
Does somebody have a more detailed explanation of all the settings ?

Im particularly looking for a few things.

1) In europe the top rear signal light is turned off, only the bottom works. It's the same for both sides of course. I've seen several videos where the US has both yellow signal lights top and bottom going together. Anyone know if this is a setting thet i can reverse ?

2) DRL's are turned off as in europe you can't use your normal beam lights for this. The accent light however is on but shines very weak. is there a setting to increase this or use it as a drl ? i can't use signal lights also in europe, police will stop me in a heartbeat ;-) i was able to turn them on/off with alfaodb.

3) what setting is needed to autoretract mirrors when turning off the engine ?

Thanks a lot for any help on this.

Bart

Big3MG

Reaction score
I don’t think the mirrors can be set to auto retract (like my wife’s 2017 Jeep GC).

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I bought the odb mx + alfaodb and was today able to succesfully logon and see all the settings and test some small changes. i have a 2019 limited. But i'm in europe so the standard programming has been europeanized. meaning some things are better, some things are worse.

Now there is a huge list of adaptations that can be made but there is no full explanation what everything does.
Does somebody have a more detailed explanation of all the settings ?

Im particularly looking for a few things.

1) In europe the top rear signal light is turned off, only the bottom works. It's the same for both sides of course. I've seen several videos where the US has both yellow signal lights top and bottom going together. Anyone know if this is a setting thet i can reverse ?

2) DRL's are turned off as in europe you can't use your normal beam lights for this. The accent light however is on but shines very weak. is there a setting to increase this or use it as a drl ? i can't use signal lights also in europe, police will stop me in a heartbeat ;-) i was able to turn them on/off with alfaodb.

3) what setting is needed to autoretract mirrors when turning off the engine ?

Thanks a lot for any help on this.

Bart
You can change the country and it changes a lot of settings Ike the lights.

To get what you want disable drl and enable just the halo lights.

The only way I know to do the mirror auto fold is to use a 3rd party tool like the tazer dt.

Big3MG

Reaction score
If you have the windows version, you can switch over to advanced mode and change the body computer to 2020 HD BCM. That will force the setting to show up for you to change.
Are we sure that doing so won’t screw up the system when it writes the data since it’s now being treated as a different truck model?

BGWS

Reaction score
I have the Windows version now. How do I enable these features exactly?
How much was the windows version with the discount you get for having Android version?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are we sure that doing so won’t screw up the system when it writes the data since it’s now being treated as a different truck model?
AlfaOBD doesn’t write any data to the BCM. It just toggles things that already exist on or off- like a light switch. If the BCM isn’t capable of a certain setting, it just won’t work When you make the change.
I have the Windows version now. How do I enable these features exactly?
Connect to the BCM like you normally would. Then select advanced mode. Drop down the list of body computers, and choose HD Ram MY2020.
Select active diagnostics, then car configuration change. Then find VehConfig 8 selectable tire fill alert. If that setting is going to work on your truck, it might take a while for it to show up in the radio settings, so don’t change it back if you don’t notice anything right away.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you have any idea how to get the park assist to work? I got the CSM enabled, but it wont toggle on. This is the one where the suspension auto lowers to entry when shifted to park.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
you have any idea how to get the park assist to work? I got the CSM enabled, but it wont toggle on. This is the one where the suspension auto lowers to entry when shifted to park.
Are you referring to park assist as in the sensors in the front and rear bumpers? I’m not sure what those have to do with easy entry/exit...?

BGWS

Reaction score
I

The 2019 SGW is located right behind, to the left of the OBDII connector, VERY easy to access. No zipties to cut. 2 seconds to install, then remove. Just disconnect the 2 cables, plug them into your bypass. No bypass with long wire harness required.

I used BAFX Products BAFX3127 from Amazon ($22). I had it from other car troubleshooting, and it worked great.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's few setting you can do to brick the truck. Everything is logged so you can go undo it.
Are you referring to park assist as in the sensors in the front and rear bumpers? I’m not sure what those have to do with easy entry/exit...?
No there's a CSM to enable the easy entry exit It was missing on mine so I enabled the CSM but still no worky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online