5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

ProAktion

Reaction score
Yes please share that info on the ventilated seats.

Or we could just price the parts and add them a assume.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is a long post and I may have missed it in here somewhere. I also searched the forum but am not able to locate what I am looking for. Can this be used to enable the windows to roll down with the key fob? Or does anyone know if this is even something that can be done. Can’t believe this truck does not have that as a standard feature!?
Yes.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So my Rebel 12 had the full leather, perforated seats and I've read in other forums that the come with the wiring and fan because they are the Laramie seats and you just need the codes switched on for vented (supposed to be an option for the Rebel 12 series). Is that not correct?
pop the cushion and look. it just snaps on

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I added the 3 areas in AlfaOBD again for ****s and giggles to activate ventilated seats. The buttons do show up and you get an audible that the button is pressed. But, unlike the heated button nothing happens. It does not go through the three temp/fan settings. So, this just add the programming is a no go for Rebels. There is no ventilated seat controller on the passenger seat which controls both seats. We also don't have the fans or tubing.

Last edited:

ProAktion

Reaction score
Here is the place to get all the parts for the seats. This diagram shows #6 and #28 are the blowers. Looks like there will need to be a couple other items added as well.

Mopar Warehouse Direct
EDIT: Looks like for the rear seat. Im looking for the front seats.

Last edited:

ProAktion

Reaction score
Occupant Classification Module Kit - Mopar (68396575AD)
2019-2020 Ram 1500 ventilated seats module.
Module

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Occupant Classification Module Kit - Mopar (68396575AD)
2019-2020 Ram 1500 ventilated seats module.
Module
For the cost of all the parts you could get the seats out of a wrecked limited and just swap the seat covers. It's rather easy on the Ram seats and you would have to remove them to install the fans and ventilation bags anyway. LKQ has a wrecked limited in New York and the front two seats are just a bit over $500.

Big3MG

Reaction score
You can change, set limits, type ( active or passive ) and disable.
When adjusting TPMS threshold pressures, do you also have to re-set the Radio Frequency Hub (requiring the PIN)? Has anyone actually made a TPMS pressure change successfully using this tool?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When adjusting TPMS threshold pressures, do you also have to re-set the Radio Frequency Hub (requiring the PIN)? Has anyone actually made a TPMS pressure change successfully using this tool?
you do nothing but put in the thresholds you want, whether it is enabled or disabled and whether or not the honk tire fill assist is enabled.

Paultg

Reaction score
Quick general question on this hardware and programming changing of the BCM. What happens when you bring your truck in for warranty or software update? When I read parts install directions (for like bed lamps) they indicate Chrysler service tech inputting the VIN and registering the added option with Chrysler. If we do these program changes on our own with this software is that all lost if the truck is worked on at the dealership?

Apexbasher

Reaction score
Quick general question on this hardware and programming changing of the BCM. What happens when you bring your truck in for warranty or software update? When I read parts install directions (for like bed lamps) they indicate Chrysler service tech inputting the VIN and registering the added option with Chrysler. If we do these program changes on our own with this software is that all lost if the truck is worked on at the dealership?
Generally speaking: Yes. My plan when that is going to happen is to have them update my build sheet with everything all at once before they do the reset (hopefully for one small fee). Remember that normal service visits do not require a reset of the BCM.

BGWS

Reaction score
Ok just read entire thread and didnt see anything about 2 things I would like the rear tailgate camera to not shut off automatically, and is there a way to turn off the Active tuned mass module?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If for some reason the tech is told by the computer to reset the PCM and reload defaults it will remove your settings. ( techs only follow flow charts, they are mindless drones these days. They do what the witech or the service bulletin says without question. )

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok just read entire thread and didnt see anything about 2 things I would like the rear tailgate camera to not shut off automatically, and is there a way to turn off the Active tuned mass module?

AFAIK, there is no way to disable the camera timeouts. It's REALLY pissing off those of us that paid for the trailer Aux camera wiring setup.

The company that makes a black box for Fords that enables any and all cameras in motion said they were working on something for RAM, but I haven't heard any more about it since I asked back in December.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What affect does the manual DPF regen present have? Thanks

If you toggle it, the next engine start triggers a regeneration cycle. You can't drive the truck until it is done. It revs the engine to warm it up and walks you through the process on the dash display. It takes about 25 minutes from what I see.

It had no effect on my truck. I was trying to enable the commercial option to be able to do a manual regen but it's not working.

ETA: I happened to roll through the EVIC displays today and noticed the WAS a Manual Regen Press > showing below the DPF display. Being I was on my way to register an ATV and the DPF was at 0%, I didn't mess with it. On the return leg, I did not see the message. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it shows up again and if I have the opportunity to try it, that it actually does anything.

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
MBORO19RAM,
Any idea if changing this to set "Non-Regulated Tire Pressure Information System: Not set" will enable Tire Pressure Modules on a trailer to display along with the truck tire pressures in the center display? Disclaimer, I have a 2020.

There's a thread on hdrams where we figured out how to enable Trailer TPMS. You have to add hard parts to get it. 19 & 20 trucks have been done.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It had no effect on my truck. I was trying to enable the commercial option to be able to do a manual regen but it's not working.
There is 2 options.

DPF regen enabling. engine must be off. enables regen on NEXT drive cycle WHEN parameters are met. needs everything warmed up and ready. plan on driving 55mph for 30 minutes.

2nd option pariculate filter regeneration is engine running, in park. you enable it and it does regen NOW and you sit in place and run the RPM ranges. you cannot touch the brake or accelerator. coolant temp must be >60c/140F

If you have torque pro, you can watch the DPF and regen monitors and see them both kick on and watch the dpf/soot % drop.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is 2 options.

DPF regen enabling. engine must be off. enables regen on NEXT drive cycle WHEN parameters are met. needs everything warmed up and ready. plan on driving 55mph for 30 minutes.

2nd option pariculate filter regeneration is engine running, in park. you enable it and it does regen NOW and you sit in place and run the RPM ranges. you cannot touch the brake or accelerator. coolant temp must be >60c/140F

If you have torque pro, you can watch the DPF and regen monitors and see them both kick on and watch the dpf/soot % drop.
What brutal is referring to is- on the Cab N Chassis HD CTD Rams, there is an option in the commercial settings in the EVIC to run a manual regen if certain conditions are met. This is the setting he’s trying to enable to show up in the regular 2500/3500 HD EVIC, but we haven’t been able to find it yet. We need a BCM dump of a Cab N Chassis truck to compare with.

Users who are viewing this thread