5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

GorillaHemi

Reaction score
I've been playing with the tire size adjustments. Here's what I have so far:

Did the equation, set my tire size to 2793. Turned the truck back on, AEB is on, parking sensors work but they don't beep. Anyone know why?

My actual speedometer is still 3-5 mph off compared to GPS. If I pull up the digital speedo in the cluster, it's only 1 mph off from GPS (but still 3-5 mph off from the actual speedo). Does that require just messing with the tire size?

I went to do the ABS initialization. Selected Vehiconfig4: Dynamic Tire Circumference (All or Rear) to change first. I was going to set it as 2793, but it's reading 56xxx. I haven't seen anyone else's videos showing a number that high. I didn't do the change as a result. Haven't run ABS initialization yet, because I don't want to screw anything up even more.

Can anyone help?

Edit: Came out to the truck this morning, parking sensors are unavailable. But apparently AEB still works. Guess I'm gonna have to keep messing with it.

Last edited:

DaBoone37

Reaction score
After you run a configuration restore do you have to wait a certain amount of time for it to take effect? I tried adjusting my tire size again today. I made logs files and a backup config file first. Then I changed the tire size and fog light dropout. Everything was great. I took it on a short drive to check the speedo and it was still off. I went back and changed the values again(about 20min total elapsed time since the initial change) and then I got tons of errors. ABS, parking sensors 4wd system, start/stop, etc. So I drove home and then did the restore from file. After a few minutes it was still showing all the warnings. I tried again maybe an hour later and same thing. Do I need to wait overnight or kill the battery? Thanks!!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After you run a configuration restore do you have to wait a certain amount of time for it to take effect? I tried adjusting my tire size again today. I made logs files and a backup config file first. Then I changed the tire size and fog light dropout. Everything was great. I took it on a short drive to check the speedo and it was still off. I went back and changed the values again(about 20min total elapsed time since the initial change) and then I got tons of errors. ABS, parking sensors 4wd system, start/stop, etc. So I drove home and then did the restore from file. After a few minutes it was still showing all the warnings. I tried again maybe an hour later and same thing. Do I need to wait overnight or kill the battery? Thanks!!
Adjustment should be instant for tire size change. Try unhooking the negative cable from battery for a few seconds and reconnecting.

DaBoone37

Reaction score
Adjustment should be instant for tire size change. Try unhooking the negative cable from battery for a few seconds and reconnecting.
Thank you for the reply but I'm not asking about the tire size change. That was instant as you say. I'm asking about doing a system restore from the config file backup. Is that instant or does it take time?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply but I'm not asking about the tire size change. That was instant as you say. I'm asking about doing a system restore from the config file backup. Is that instant or does it take time?
You said the speedometer was still off meaning the tire size change didnt work.

As far as the system restore, same thing, should be instant.

DaBoone37

Reaction score
You said the speedometer was still off meaning the tire size change didnt work.

As far as the system restore, same thing, should be instant.
Sorry for the confusion. Tire size took, just was still a little off on adjustment.

And bummer, I was assuming the system restore would fix any mistakes, if it's supposed to be instant then it sounds like it won't fix everything.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion. Tire size took, just was still a little off on adjustment.

And bummer, I was assuming the system restore would fix any mistakes, if it's supposed to be instant then it sounds like it won't fix everything.
It may have fixed the issue with configuration changes, but won't clear check engine lights.

Users who are viewing this thread