5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Almost Pulled The WRONG Trigger Today Folks... Holy Crap!!!!

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just another typical day at my local PA WAWA Gas Station To fill up the old Hemi Gas Guzzler and just like i always do I swipe my card, pick up the gas nozzle and use it to select the 89 grade button and nothing happened. The pump would not let me select any of the 3 gas grades and I'm thinking to myself, "There is no way that the gas station is out of 87, 89,and 93 this Pump must be malfunctioning." I then realize I HAVE THE DIESEL NOZZLE IN MY HAND!!!!!!!!

THANK GOD the pump defaulted to not let me use DIESEL fuel in my Tank.. Could you IMAGINE!?!?! Moral of the story is Slow Down, Take Your Time and Breathe..... Almost caused myself the Biggest Careless Casualty of my life today.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You would have figured it out when you tried to fit the diesel nozzle in your tank.
Yup. BP because of their colors has gas as green and diesel as black, pretty much opposite of every other station in the entire world. Tried to stick the diesel nozzle in my car way back when I first started driving, wouldn't fit.

Slumlord

Reaction score
Mobil was the same way. When I was repairing their fuel dispensers back in the day it wasn't uncommon to see a diesel vehicle sitting on the island waiting for a tow because they had pumped unleaded into their tank.

67GeeTeeX

Reaction score
A few years ago I had a VW TDI and was fueling at an interstate stop. This guy comes running over to the pump and was yelling you are putting the wrong fuel in the car. This was at a time when diesel was cheaper than mogas. I looked at the guy and said that the diesel was cheaper and I will save about 30 cents a gallon. The look on his face was priceless.

Users who are viewing this thread