5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD or GenieOBD for brake controller?

breeves2245

Reaction score
Want to buy the OEM brake controller for my 2022 Ram 1500. Part # 82215278AF.
Moparfactoryparts.com has it for $297 (bracket/controller/switch). American Trucks is $399 but includes the GenieOBD. I was planning on buying the AlfaOBD which is $50 if I bought from Mopar. So it's $50 more for the American Trucks kit. Is their any advantage of the GenieOBD over the AlfaOBD?

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have experience with genie, but I've had nothing but great experience with alfa

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Want to buy the OEM brake controller for my 2022 Ram 1500. Part # 82215278AF.
Moparfactoryparts.com has it for $297 (bracket/controller/switch). American Trucks is $399 but includes the GenieOBD. I was planning on buying the AlfaOBD which is $50 if I bought from Mopar. So it's $50 more for the American Trucks kit. Is their any advantage of the GenieOBD over the AlfaOBD?
Can get the brake controller kit far cheaper off eBay. Then get everything you need for alfaObd to work, and still be under the cost of just the brake controller from Mopar.

breeves2245

Reaction score
Can get the brake controller kit far cheaper off eBay. Then get everything you need for alfaObd to work, and still be under the cost of just the brake controller from Mopar.
This is a bit of a reach for me for a DIY project, but after calling the local dealer and their $160/hr two hour estimate, I'm going to give it the ol' college try. Thanks for that Ebay tip. Once I buy that for $172 what else do I need. Just the AlfaOBD app?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is a bit of a reach for me for a DIY project, but after calling the local dealer and their $160/hr two hour estimate, I'm going to give it the ol' college try. Thanks for that Ebay tip. Once I buy that for $172 what else do I need. Just the AlfaOBD app?
App, a SGW bypass and an OBD2 Bluetooth scan took

skyhawk42

Reaction score
I screen shot this from here. If you buy the parts individually it’s even cheaper:
1670277850699.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread