5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alfaobd greyed out buttons.

derp

Reaction score
I took the plunge and bought alfaobd, a SGW bypass and an ELM327 bluetooth adapter for my DT.

no matter what I have tried so far, I can't get alfa to actually take the buttons out of the greyed out mode like it is read only. This means no diagnostic procedures, no fetching information, and no poking at features changes like the CHMSL camera enable.

I have a MX+ bluetooth reader on order, but I wanted to check here while that order was still cancelable and see if anyone had this issue before and have you found a solution other than replacing your BT obd2 adapter?

I tried google searches and forum searches, but didn't come up with anything that seems to relate yet.

derp

Reaction score
problem solved with MX+ right away.

for sale - free , local pickup only - ELM327 bluetooth obd2 scanner. I'll leave it at the curb, don't bother to knock, just take it.

Konrad

Reaction score
That's weird. I use with my RAM (and have been using for 10 years with many other vehicles) a 10 years old, $7.99 Chinese ELM 327 plug without any problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

derp

Reaction score
That's weird. I use with my RAM (and have been using for 10 years with many other vehicles) a 10 years old, $7.99 Chinese ELM 327 plug without any problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have no doubt you did. the problem with clone jobs is they all say they are "elm327" because the original product was good. the clones just drive to the bottom of the barrel on quality.

Users who are viewing this thread