5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Fog Light Dropout With Highbeams Disable
CBC Features: Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enabled-no
I did this and keeps fogs on with high beams. The question is more how to it sounds like make parking lights on when truck is turned on

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so turn the parking lights to always on?

Do you know what setting that is?
If you want to have fog lights on without turning the headlights on, you have to turn your headlight knob to parking lights. There is no setting to make them always on.

rcoodey

Reaction score
Just purchased AlfaOBD to active an OEM brake controller on my new 2022 Ram 1500 (thanks to brotharon for the awesome install instructions). Got the software installed and licensed fine but getting the error “Failure to verify connected control unit” when connecting. Using an “OBDLink MX” hooked USB to a Windows 11 Surface Pro 3. And plugged in an “ECRI Security Gateway Bypass Module”.

Seems like the error could mean the Security Bypass is not working correctly? Any thoughts or ideas is much appreciated. Thanks!

ODBLink: Amazon.com: OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter : Automotive
ECRI: Amazon.com: ECRI Security Gateway Bypass Module fits 2018-2022 Jeep Wrangler Gladiator : Automotive

rcoodey

Reaction score
getting the error “Failure to verify connected control unit”
Never mind, found this issue. The instructions from years ago said to choose "Central Gateway Module" but that looks like it is for old models. Used the "DT MY2022 PowerNet" and all worked great.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Does anyone know the settings to turn on the aux switch panel for the 1500s? I’m told to get the auxs to work need to turn that option on. Any ideas? Sorry for all the questions but this thread set is a wealth of knowledge so thank you for everything y’all have helped with .

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know the settings to turn on the aux switch panel for the 1500s? I’m told to get the auxs to work need to turn that option on. Any ideas? Sorry for all the questions but this thread set is a wealth of knowledge so thank you for everything y’all have helped with .
CBC Features: Aux Switches PTO- Six Switches

Lin & Misc: ASBM Present- Yes

CustSetMenu 1: Auxiliary Switches CSM Present- Switch 3-6 option

The aux switch settings will only work on 2021+ 1500’s

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
CBC Features: Aux Switches PTO- Six Switches

Lin & Misc: ASBM Present- Yes

CustSetMenu 1: Auxiliary Switches CSM Present- Switch 3-6 option

The aux switch settings will only work on 2021+ 1500’s
Thanks. have a 2021 ram 1500. I haven’t gotten the switches yet as the panel I have been looking for, getting the part number is extremely hard. I saw the kit mopar has but I want a specific version of the switch.

Pooltbl18

Reaction score
Thanks. have a 2021 ram 1500. I haven’t gotten the switches yet as the panel I have been looking for, getting the part number is extremely hard. I saw the kit mopar has but I want a specific version of the switch.
I have a 2022 I don’t have the switches either, do you have a link to more information about this mod I am looking to add accessories but would love the factory switches

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
I have a 2022 I don’t have the switches either, do you have a link to more information about this mod I am looking to add accessories but would love the factory switches

I’ve been trying to find that info myslef. Couple of companies are supposed to have or. But no one is letting anyone know what it is, and dealerships refuse to help.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes but need that part number. For that exact switch. Anyone have that part number?
Considering those are for the fourth gen cab trucks, you would have to fabricate some way to make them fit in a 5th gen 1500

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes but need that part number. For that exact switch. Anyone have that part number?
The part number for the switches you see in that body builders document is 68376640AE. It’ll fit and work in your 2021 1500.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
The part number for the switches you see in that body builders document is 68376640AE. It’ll fit and work in your 2021 1500.
Hey jimmy. I see mine is traction control then tow haul and not tow haul and traction control. Wonder if this is going to cause an issue.

Freedogshere

Reaction score
I just read all 80 pages of this thread and I think I have a good path forward. We just purchased a 2022 Built To Serve and I’m looking to add bed lights, trailer brakes and a few other things. I purchased a cheap Android tablet and the MX+. I’m just down to buying the bypass. Any suggestions on whether I should get the ecri or the kaodtech?

Users who are viewing this thread