5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Subic97

Reaction score
Anyone know what pins need to be activated on alfaobd to turn on factory bed lights after install? Can’t find it in search 2020 Ram 1500

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone ever changed Miscel. Params-Disable Sport Mode Plus to No? If so, what happened there? I know I don't have Sport Mode and according to my download it states Sport Mode Present: No, so figuring if I changed the disable to No, it would state Sport Mode Present: Yes, just not sure what that would do (Disable MDS?)
I figured I would ask before trying it.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone ever changed Miscel. Params-Disable Sport Mode Plus to No? If so, what happened there? I know I don't have Sport Mode and according to my download it states Sport Mode Present: No, so figuring if I changed the disable to No, it would state Sport Mode Present: Yes, just not sure what that would do (Disable MDS?)
I figured I would ask before trying it.
Doesn’t work like that. Changing the Misc Params: Disable Sport Mode Plus won’t do anything without installing the hardware and changing all the other VehConfig settings associated with it.
Just a quick scan of all the DT BCM logs I have, that setting is set to no, even on the TRX.

KMach

Reaction score
Does anyone know by chance if there is anyway to enable stealth mode with this yet? Its horrible not being able to dim the dash lights when the headlights are off at night. I’d rather not get another module.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know by chance if there is anyway to enable stealth mode with this yet? Its horrible not being able to dim the dash lights when the headlights are off at night. I’d rather not get another module.
Not with AlfaOBD, but the TazerDT has a dark mode option

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Needing some help, fellas.

I'm trying to activate the DRL's when the vehicle is in motion, but prevent them from coming on when the engine is running and transmission is in park. Does anyone know if it's possible to get the DRL's to trigger on only when the transmission is shifted into gear? I've tried every combination of select values for the following parameter options: DRL Configuration, DRL Lamp Location, DRL Dropout Enabled, Signature Light Present. My end goal is to have the signature (accent) lighting be the DRL Lamp Location (I assume this is the dedicated DRL option), but only come on when in motion, and without having to toggle the DRL setting in the head unit every time.

Last edited:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I'm trying to activate the DRL's when the vehicle is in motion, but prevent them from coming on when the engine is running and transmission is in park. Does anyone know if it's possible to get the DRL's to trigger on only when the transmission is shifted into gear? I've tried every combination of select values for the following parameter options: DRL Configuration, DRL Lamp Location, DRL Dropout Enabled, Signature Light Present. My end goal is to have the signature (accent) lighting be the DRL Lamp Location (I assume this is the dedicated DRL option), but only come on when in motion, and without having to toggle the DRL setting in the head unit every time.
Not possible

KMach

Reaction score

Only way to achieve this is to set the emergency brake each time when parking. This will shut off the DRL. The parking brake should auto disable as soon as you hit the service brake and select a gear.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Pop off your tailgate access cover and look at the connector plugged into passenger side tailgate latch. Is there two, or three wires? They may have stopped running the tailgate ajar circuit on trucks that aren’t equipped with that feature.
What are the 4 settings you changed to try to get auto high beams?
Finally a break in the weather to pull this cover, there is only 2 wires to each LH and RH latches. If I was still interested in making it work do you know what wiring would be involved?

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten the selective tire pressure to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good question, I think I see how to perform this, but if someone knows for sure, that would be great.
I think I would have to change the P/T Chassis Net: TPM Tire Pressure Control to Enable and change VehConfig 2: Max Load Inflation Pressure Rear & Max Load inflation Pressure Front Tire (0-126PSI) to whatever PSI you want to within those parameters.
Jimmy?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good question, I think I see how to perform this, but if someone knows for sure, that would be great.
I think I would have to change the P/T Chassis Net: TPM Tire Pressure Control to Enable and change VehConfig 2: Max Load Inflation Pressure Rear & Max Load inflation Pressure Front Tire (0-126PSI) to whatever PSI you want to within those parameters.
Jimmy?
According the the newest instructions for the TazerDT, you can configure it to use any tire pressure you want, and when filling tires with truck running, it will slow flash the corner indicator light for that tire if pressure is low, solid when pressure is correct, and fast flash if over pressure. So doesn't flash all four lights, just the one corresponding to the tire you are actively filling

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In Alfa they have a Min Load Inflation Pressure Rear & Front option as well, I would guess the max is for the horn to beep when filling up and that setting turned On on the 12"/8.4" (Tire Fill Assist I think) and the min setting would be where it would cause a low-pressure warning and light.

Last edited:

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the power wagon has selectable tire pressure on the head unit.. can this be done on a 1500? The Jeep’s also have it.

Edmontonram

Reaction score
CustSetMenu 1: Rear View Camera Gridlines CSM Present- STATIC + DYNAMIC

Hey @Jimmy07,

Well it’s been over a year now and I finally had a chance to give this a try out. I have the back up grid lines present when I put the truck into reverse before messing with anything. I plugged in my security gateway bypass and fired up the app. I have changed the settings to Static + Dynamic but have not seen a change in the settings on the radio yet. I will look for the change again tomorrow morning, does the change usually take a bit of time to take effect?

I also noticed something as I was scrolling through the app, i noticed that the setting “Rear view camera gridlines CSM present:” is set for “Not present” - Could this maybe be a reason why the above static + dynamic options are not showing up?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

3a566d92e38f3cf6c309ee39f930acab.jpg

ef9d6c7495e24c0711609df4aa5588d8.jpg

Last edited:

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
I’ve been looking a while and found this thread. I have a 2021 1500 and bought a tazer. From what I read the tazer can work as a bypass so you don’t need the bypass cable. Can anyone verify this? Also If the case then I would need the software and a obd reader.

does the alpha obd sense and connect to the reader like it would from the app on your phone? But use it’s app to connect?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello, I have not made it through all the pages yet, but I am working on it. If this has been mentioned before feel free smack me upside the head, but I haven't found it. I am an Apple guy but have a Windows desktop that I game on. No Windows laptop. I have a M1 Mac that can run Windows ARM, but I am not sure if AlfaODB will run under that environment. I an thinking about picking a super cheap basic Windows machine with minimal specs just to run Alfa. Something like this Will that run Alfa ok or am I just asking for frustrations?

Edmontonram

Reaction score
Hello, I have not made it through all the pages yet, but I am working on it. If this has been mentioned before feel free smack me upside the head, but I haven't found it. I am an Apple guy but have a Windows desktop that I game on. No Windows laptop. I have a M1 Mac that can run Windows ARM, but I am not sure if AlfaODB will run under that environment. I an thinking about picking a super cheap basic Windows machine with minimal specs just to run Alfa. Something like this Will that run Alfa ok or am I just asking for frustrations?

I am also a Mac user, I picked up a use huawei tablet to run Alfa. Works really well and done have to worry about messing around with windows.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score

Yeah you wanna get a android tablet. This is the only thing it runs on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online