5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Switched from a 23 gallon to a 33 gallon, I used Alfa and I’m having a problem getting the tank filled it shows I only have 3/4 of a tank when the pump clicks off, I still have plenty of room for more gas but it won’t let me fill anymore, Any ideas on what’s wrong, would be a big help
Is it possible it is hitting your credit card limit? Did you complete the transaction and then try again. Some credit cards and/or pumps stop at a certain dollar amount. Most I've seen are around $75.

T_etzz

Reaction score
4772A06F-7BDD-45A5-B298-6286CF1CE64C.jpeg
anyone know which ones to change and to what value,

T_etzz

Reaction score
so I changed to 125 liters, now my range is coming up to 1,999 till empty… I haven’t touched anything else, I looked at the log and is shows it’s in UK gallons? Does that need to be switched to US?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Switched from a 23 gallon to a 33 gallon, I used Alfa and I’m having a problem getting the tank filled it shows I only have 3/4 of a tank when the pump clicks off, I still have plenty of room for more gas but it won’t let me fill anymore, Any ideas on what’s wrong, would be a big help
Sounds like it's a tank vent issue.

Nstoolman1

Reaction score
Hello forum experts.
I purchased the elm Bluetooth, the AlfaObd and the SGW cable.
Hooked it up. I getno more than 5 minutes of ignition time before the truck shuts off.
I was able to get to the part where the pin reads but it then says it can't read it or that function is not available.
Any ideas?
My truck is a 2020 RAM Big Horn 3.6

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello forum exports.
Hooked it up. I getno more than 5 minutes of ignition time before the truck shuts off.
I was able to get to the part a here the pin reads but it then says it can't read it or that function is not available.
Any ideas?
You can’t pull the PIN from the RF Hub on the 5th gens. You don’t need the PIN for any changes, anyway.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Hello forum experts.
I was able to get to the part a here the pin reads but it then says it can't read it or that function is not available.
Any ideas?
You need to push your ignition button twice to go into the "RUN" position. You're probably only pushing it once and in the "ACC" mode.

Nstoolman1

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. Yes, I tried it in run. I tried it in acc. Normally it will stay on for 25 to 30 minutes when the sgw is not bypassed.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. Yes, I tried it in run. I tried it in acc. Normally it will stay on for 25 to 30 minutes when the sgw is not bypassed.
Mine stayed on for as long as it took to program the tire size. I'm not sure how long that took but it's unlikely it was 5 minutes.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
SGW bypass should have zero effect on how long the truck stays on. Make sure your battery is good and charged. The truck will turn off if it senses the battery getting low.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anytime I write a tune or make changes to Mopar anything, I connect a battery charger. The last thing you want is the voltage to drop while writing to a module.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also of note: the ignition doesn’t even need to be on at all to connect with AlfaOBD and make changes.

Nstoolman1

Reaction score
Battery is/was fully charged. Need the pin to flash new remote start fobs. Every video I have seen on getting pin says they can get it. Only reason I went this route is to activate the remote start function. Also when I went to export the file to the cloud it says it is successful but when I attempt to open there isn't any thing. The file shows no kbs.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Battery is/was fully charged. Need the pin to flash new remote start fobs. Every video I have seen on getting pin says they can get it. Only reason I went this route is to activate the remote start function. Also when I went to export the file to the cloud it says it is successful but when I attempt to open there isn't any thing. The file shows no kbs.
You can’t program a fob with AlfaOBD on a 5th gen ram. The PIN can’t be pulled, and is useless to the user with these new RF Hubs. You can enable remote start, and there’s no need to reset the RF Hub after you do, but you’ll need the dealer to program the fobs.
You need to read the system ID first so the configuration will load in the file before you upload/export it.

Nstoolman1

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. My next step is to get an appointment with the dealer and pay the piper.

Reactions: c3k

Cwrong

Reaction score
I changed my tires and wheels on my 2020 Lonestar. When I tried updating the size on alfaobd it caused my speedometer to be over by 2 mph. I've tried to go back in numerous times to change the size around to correct the speedometer with no avail. Also my front and rear park sensors went unavailable. Can any one help get things corrected?

OEM tires were 275/65/18
Changed to LT285/55/20

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I changed my tires and wheels on my 2020 Lonestar. When I tried updating the size on alfaobd it caused my speedometer to be over by 2 mph. I've tried to go back in numerous times to change the size around to correct the speedometer with no avail. Also my front and rear park sensors went unavailable. Can any one help get things corrected?

OEM tires were 275/65/18
Changed to LT285/55/20
Your new tires are only .2" taller than the stock tires. You shouldn't need to program your speedometer for such a small increase. Do you remember the stock tire circumference? If you follow all of the steps in this video, you should be able to recover your parking sensors. I'm pretty new to AlfaOBD but I've programmed two trucks now, with zero faults and the speedometers are dead on.

Users who are viewing this thread