5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There's few setting you can do to brick the truck. Everything is logged so you can go undo it.

No there's a CSM to enable the easy entry exit It was missing on mine so I enabled the CSM but still no worky.
I think you’re referring to “Auto Entry/Exit CSM”? I know this is a feature on the Grand Cherokees, but not on the Rams that I’m aware of. If the CSM shows up, but doesn’t respond or deselects itself, then that means the air suspension module isn’t capable of it.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you’re referring to “Auto Entry/Exit CSM”? I know this is a feature on the Grand Cherokees, but not on the Rams that I’m aware of. If the CSM shows up, but doesn’t respond or deselects itself, then that means the air suspension module isn’t capable of it.
It works on the rebel my friend has. I have a longhorn. Afaict they are the same parts. Both 2020 trucks. Both build dates within a month. I just haven't had the time to scroll through every single setting to compare what is different.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It works on the rebel my friend has. I have a longhorn. Afaict they are the same parts. Both 2020 trucks. Both build dates within a month. I just haven't had the time to scroll through every single setting to compare what is different.
This is the setting you enabled, correct-
oyPCFoC.jpg

I don’t see any settings in the list that would define features of the ASCM. It’s either present, or not present. So, either the setting needed is missing from the list, and Alexey needs to find it and add it, or there are different part numbers or software versions of the ASCM.
Do you have the BCM dump for the Rebel so I can run it through WinMerge with a few other BCMs real quick?
Can you read the system ID and status of his ASCM and compare it to yours, and see if there are any differences in hardware or software versions?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What brutal is referring to is- on the Cab N Chassis HD CTD Rams, there is an option in the commercial settings in the EVIC to run a manual regen if certain conditions are met. This is the setting he’s trying to enable to show up in the regular 2500/3500 HD EVIC, but we haven’t been able to find it yet. We need a BCM dump of a Cab N Chassis truck to compare with.

FYI,

I happened to roll through the EVIC displays today and noticed there WAS a Manual Regen Press > showing below the DPF display. Being I was on my way to register an ATV and the DPF was at 0%, I didn't mess with it. On the return leg, I did not see the message. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it shows up again and if I have the opportunity to try it, that it actually does anything.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FYI,

I happened to roll through the EVIC displays today and noticed there WAS a Manual Regen Press > showing below the DPF display. Being I was on my way to register an ATV and the DPF was at 0%, I didn't mess with it. On the return leg, I did not see the message. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it shows up again and if I have the opportunity to try it, that it actually does anything.
Could it be that the manual regen selection only pops up when conditions are correct to do it?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could it be that the manual regen selection only pops up when conditions are correct to do it?

Possible, I was running faster on the first leg, hoofing it in the new Lexus lane with a temporary toll waiver. Except the DPF gauge wasn't showing anything collected.

I don't really know how it functions on the C&C.

I also just figured out after reviewing my BCM log I went the wrong way trying to fine tune my tire size. Duh. No wonder it was so far off.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OBDllLink MX+ works for both Android and IOS
Just to avoid confusion for AlfaOBD- The MX+ itself is iOS compatible, not AlfaOBD. That just means that you can use an iOS diagnostics app through the MX+ interface, but AlfaOBD is still only available for Android and windows platforms.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to avoid confusion for AlfaOBD- The MX+ itself is iOS compatible, not AlfaOBD. That just means that you can use an iOS diagnostics app through the MX+ interface, but AlfaOBD is still only available for Android and windows platforms.

Thanks for clarifying.

Cableline01

Reaction score
I found this today when I'm not connected to the bcm I see this option. But when I connect and check it's gone. Screenshot_20200630-232958_AlfaOBD.jpg

BGWS

Reaction score
What year and model?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I found this today when I'm not connected to the bcm I see this option. But when I connect and check it's gone. View attachment 60637
That is actually a setting I had Alexey carry over from the Jeep Grand Cherokee settings list to see if it would work. You need the windows version in advanced mode to make it show up when connected, but the setting doesn’t work. The BCM just doesn’t seem capable of broadcasting it.

Cableline01

Reaction score
I found out don't turn on anything that said Police it will disable your locks lol. I did the lights one and yep electric locks no longer work till I turn it off...

BGWS

Reaction score
I found out don't turn on anything that said Police it will disable your locks lol. I did the lights one and yep electric locks no longer work till I turn it off...
But what did lights do when you turned it on?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ram909

Reaction score
Anyone know how to program a new remote looking at buying the remote kit to unlock tailgate with remote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new guy here. I've been reading up on all the Alfaobd stuff and trying not to repost without searching first. So I picked up an MX+, Z Auto bypass module, and have Alfaobd loaded on my windows PC (Downloaded OBD link for iOS just for mobile code reading or whatever).

Question, is there a sticky to a thread with known working configurations for Alfaobd? (I have a Ram 2020 Limited).

Essentially what I'd like to be able to do:
- DRL delete -> see BCM -> Car Configuration Change -> “CBC Features - DRL Configuration”

- Having option to turn off all lights including LED strips with lights off (Some people have been posting about this asking if it is an option because apparently they are always on with ignition) -> not available/not known

- Seat belt indicator/warning turn off -> see Instrument Panel -> Program Customer Features -> Seatbelt Alert System

- Window roll down with keyfob (I think this is labelled universal window roll down) -> see Driver/Passenger door -> Window Global Down Enabled/Disabled and BCM -> Car Configuration Change -> “Doors - Global Windows Down” (sometimes it is sufficient to enable the option for door modules only, sometimes also in the BCM)

- Mileage changes -> see Instrument Panel -> Odometer correction

- DPF soot indicator on dash (Diesel version of trucks - I think the 2500/3500 version of trucks have this but not the 1500) -> not available/not known

- Regen active message for all regen cycles (Diesel version of trucks) -> not available/not known

- Mirror auto fold in on truck off -> see BCM -> Car Configuration Change -> “Doors - Folding mirrors present”/” Auto Power Folding Mirrors Present”

For the options marked “not available/not known”, this means that I have no information, maybe these options are enabled indirectly when some other option(s) enabled/disabled. Maybe they are set in the BCM internal software and not adjustable. If they can be set in the BCM configuration, to detect the right setting I can only suggest to compare the configuration of a car which have them set with the configuration of the car where you want to set these options

Those replies are from Alexey (Alfaobd).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new guy here. I've been reading up on all the Alfaobd stuff and trying not to repost without searching first. So I picked up an MX+, Z Auto bypass module, and have Alfaobd loaded on my windows PC (Downloaded OBD link for iOS just for mobile code reading or whatever).

Question, is there a sticky to a thread with known working configurations for Alfaobd? (I have a Ram 2020 Limited).

Essentially what I'd like to be able to do:
- DRL delete -> see BCM -> Car Configuration Change -> “CBC Features - DRL Configuration”

- Having option to turn off all lights including LED strips with lights off (Some people have been posting about this asking if it is an option because apparently they are always on with ignition) -> not available/not known

- Seat belt indicator/warning turn off -> see Instrument Panel -> Program Customer Features -> Seatbelt Alert System

- Window roll down with keyfob (I think this is labelled universal window roll down) -> see Driver/Passenger door -> Window Global Down Enabled/Disabled and BCM -> Car Configuration Change -> “Doors - Global Windows Down” (sometimes it is sufficient to enable the option for door modules only, sometimes also in the BCM)

- Mileage changes -> see Instrument Panel -> Odometer correction

- DPF soot indicator on dash (Diesel version of trucks - I think the 2500/3500 version of trucks have this but not the 1500) -> not available/not known

- Regen active message for all regen cycles (Diesel version of trucks) -> not available/not known

- Mirror auto fold in on truck off -> see BCM -> Car Configuration Change -> “Doors - Folding mirrors present”/” Auto Power Folding Mirrors Present”

For the options marked “not available/not known”, this means that I have no information, maybe these options are enabled indirectly when some other option(s) enabled/disabled. Maybe they are set in the BCM internal software and not adjustable. If they can be set in the BCM configuration, to detect the right setting I can only suggest to compare the configuration of a car which have them set with the configuration of the car where you want to set these options

Those replies are from Alexey (Alfaobd).

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
I think you want to look at a Tazer DT. Has dark mode, global up down, autofold , disable seatbelt ding and in motion things alphaobd cannot do.

Users who are viewing this thread