5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

g00fy

Reaction score
Anybody find the values to enable Remote Tailgate Opener? Been combing through alfaOBD, nothing seems to stand out. Power tailgate enable apparently isn't it, and changing tailgate type isn't it either.

derp

Reaction score
Anybody find the values to enable Remote Tailgate Opener? Been combing through alfaOBD, nothing seems to stand out. Power tailgate enable apparently isn't it, and changing tailgate type isn't it either.
Ive used a code to trigger remote tailgate via alfa.

Thats the kind of thing i am working my project for.

Addling features via if/then logic that were not present at time of sale or.. ever by original manufacture.

Things like
Gps , sensor data, performance telemetry logging off to gdrive.
Secure connection to a vps for non fca remote control/ theft management without a fca sub for xm guardian.
Surround camera DVR of what happens while you are driving or parked.
In cab cam and audio. (Yes i know how fast i was going, i have a dashcam, 2 speed sensors and video of this conversation already stored in the cloud.)

all lights on simultaneous for off road blinding glory.
Control lines for aftermarket systems. Lights, suspension, horns, smokescreen, oil slick, rpg hidden behind high beam projectors.
Progressive speed governor when theft notice triggered ( 105 stock, 55, 45, 35,... down to stop, 4wheel abs lockout, electronic shift to park/neutral, ignition interrupt).

Cooldown mode after stopping with a high temp after hard running.

In call to car audio via google voice without handheld phone, using bt handsfree in car.

Echo/alexa in car via pi/hotspot (if you are into that).

Video in motion lockout remove (for always on dash telemetry display).

If temp in cabin over x and rainsense wipers detect no rain, crack open windows when remote starting to help greenhouse heat out of truck.

If phone AND key not present, enable valet mode, or disable start entirely.

Use my own current mapping in dash.

Use truck as live display base station for long haul first person video rc aviation chase truck.

Some more crap ill think up as i go.

Basically, i paid for it, this truck is gonna be mine in the mr robot sense as well as the title.

No, i dont care about the crap fca warranty. I only decided to do this after they burned me and i needed to totally open it for diag by a 3rd patty shop i trust.

derp

Reaction score
Also about remote tailgate feature, i recall folks who enabled another feature having to roll back because they lost tailgate down control. That may guide you to what they turned back on to get it back.

g00fy

Reaction score

Can you explain? Like you used your own custom coding to enable this feature?

Also about remote tailgate feature, i recall folks who enabled another feature having to roll back because they lost tailgate down control. That may guide you to what they turned back on to get it back.

I looked back i only see people who accidentally stopped their tailgate from locking/unlocking by playing with something.

derp

Reaction score
Can you explain? Like you used your own custom coding to enable this feature?

I looked back i only see people who accidentally stopped their tailgate from locking/unlocking by playing with something.
Alfa has a lot of canned diagnostic routines.

Mysta Yeez

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to check this, since I don't have the hardware required for this.

If you download the free AlphaOBD app from Playstore, you can select "dodge Ram", RAM 1500 (DS/DX) - DT not available, Body Computer, MY2016-17 PowerNet , then select the bottom icon of a car with the hood open, Select Car Configuration Change as the Procedure, then you can see all the options available. No truck, OBD connection required to just see the list of options.
Thank you for that

Backinblk

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get alpha obd to change to 35’s. I type it on standard or metric and says no option available

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get alpha obd to change to 35’s. I type it on standard or metric and says no option available
If your tire size is not one of the preselected ones in Alfaobd you have to put the tire circumference in mm.
Verify with a GPS app or Waze afterwards to see if your speedo is accurate at higher speeds. When I selected 35" tires my speedo was fast 3mph at 70. Had to play with it and ended up with the mm equivalent of 33.75" tires. Now I'm dead accurate from 5-90 mph. Haven't gone faster than that with the cruise control on yet to verify steady speed.

Backinblk

Reaction score
If your tire size is not one of the preselected ones in Alfaobd you have to put the tire circumference in mm.
Verify with a GPS app or Waze afterwards to see if your speedo is accurate at higher speeds. When I selected 35" tires my speedo was fast 3mph at 70. Had to play with it and ended up with the mm equivalent of 33.75" tires. Now I'm dead accurate from 5-90 mph. Haven't gone faster than that with the cruise control on yet to verify steady speed.
Ty

Ram909

Reaction score
Does anyone know what must be changed in the alpha obd when installing mopar bed lights getting ready to install and know that it has to be flashed when done thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saturn298

Reaction score
Does anyone know what must be changed in the alpha obd when installing mopar bed lights getting ready to install and know that it has to be flashed when done thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
found this on another post... not sure if it will help

2014 CBC I/O & Feature: Truck Bed Lighting Feature

Select “yes”

LamboMitch

Reaction score

Thats the kind of thing i am working my project for.

Addling features via if/then logic that were not present at time of sale or.. ever by original manufacture.

Things like
Gps , sensor data, performance telemetry logging off to gdrive.
Secure connection to a vps for non fca remote control/ theft management without a fca sub for xm guardian.
Surround camera DVR of what happens while you are driving or parked.
In cab cam and audio. (Yes i know how fast i was going, i have a dashcam, 2 speed sensors and video of this conversation already stored in the cloud.)

all lights on simultaneous for off road blinding glory.
Control lines for aftermarket systems. Lights, suspension, horns, smokescreen, oil slick, rpg hidden behind high beam projectors.
Progressive speed governor when theft notice triggered ( 105 stock, 55, 45, 35,... down to stop, 4wheel abs lockout, electronic shift to park/neutral, ignition interrupt).

Cooldown mode after stopping with a high temp after hard running.

In call to car audio via google voice without handheld phone, using bt handsfree in car.

Echo/alexa in car via pi/hotspot (if you are into that).

Video in motion lockout remove (for always on dash telemetry display).

If temp in cabin over x and rainsense wipers detect no rain, crack open windows when remote starting to help greenhouse heat out of truck.

If phone AND key not present, enable valet mode, or disable start entirely.

Use my own current mapping in dash.

Use truck as live display base station for long haul first person video rc aviation chase truck.

Some more crap ill think up as i go.

Basically, i paid for it, this truck is gonna be mine in the mr robot sense as well as the title.

No, i dont care about the crap fca warranty. I only decided to do this after they burned me and i needed to totally open it for diag by a 3rd patty shop i trust.
you sir are great love reading your posts lol do you know if you can reprogram the remote start options in with the alpha. being able to heat the truck when cold or cool when hot would be great. it says its supposed to do something like like and i'm lucky if it turns the seat heater or vent on... also best way you found to pipe in a video source on the screen is with an av module to bypass the screen?

derp

Reaction score
you sir are great love reading your posts lol do you know if you can reprogram the remote start options in with the alpha. being able to heat the truck when cold or cool when hot would be great. it says its supposed to do something like like and i'm lucky if it turns the seat heater or vent on... also best way you found to pipe in a video source on the screen is with an av module to bypass the screen?
end to beginning - best way to get video to the screen is with a jailbroken iphone or android and their respective screen mirroring. composite video input via a separate device is garbage quality vs digital to digital display. that just wasn't an option for what I am doing so that's why I went down the rabbit hole of cargo cam input on the other thread.

there is an option in the control menus without alfa to handle auto heated seats. I believe it starts @ the 50s of deg F and I don't recall auto cooled seats. I'll certainly be able to voodoo that into the carPC project once my can bus adapter arrives. someday. on a slow boat from china.

with a modern auto just about all of the signalled actions are over CAN-bus which makes for a field day of "if this then that" kind of read and respond coding to happen. Basically I need to be able to see the triggered action happen on the bus to get the coding for it, then I can replay it with the conditionals I come up with. The conditionals can be anything on the bus that I see or any other sensor available to the raspberry pi I am using like a phone bluetooth association.

Imagine a dual stage ignition interrupt for theft deterrence.

does the Pi see the pushbutton start command hit the bus -> yes

is the phone associated with bluetooth -> yes
do -> nothing
is the phone associated with bluetooth -> no
do -> turn off the ignition

this is a basic example of security through obscurity as the attacker would need to know both your cloned fob (easy enough) and fake your bluetooth association with the raspi (how would they know even to look for that to clone it) before they could drive off. of course if the thief knew about your carpc ignition interrupt they could just rip it out and carry on. This mandates that any kind of security feature like this be part of a well hidden install (not a honking obvious OBD2 connector).

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the tow mirrors still have the motors in them from the regular folding mirrors? If so, would it be possible to activate that feature with this?

Konrad

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the tow mirrors still have the motors in them from the regular folding mirrors? If so, would it be possible to activate that feature with this?

I'm pretty sure the factory would not install and give away non-functional electric motors just for the hell of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread