5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

titan3636

Reaction score
Anyone having issues getting performance and off-road pages after updating to 39.9 on 12” Uconnect 4?
I had them before and updated now can’t get them back. I even changed the alpha settings back to NO, saved, and then back to the below settings with no luck

VehConfig1-Performance Pages Present - Yes
VehConfig 2-Off-Road Capable - No
VehConfig 5-Off-Road Pages Present - Yes

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just checked mine this mor ing and the pages have disappeared. They were still there the day after I updated, but are now gone. I'm not too upset since they really didn't do anything special in my 2020 since most of the features I would have wanted didn't work.

BlackNight

Reaction score
I have a 3 week old 22 big horn, just tried unlocking performance and offroad pages via alphaobd and they will not pop up on the 12 inch. Kinda pissed as I have ORG and I still did not get those pages factory.🤷‍♂️

Also irritated that my 19 big horn level 2 had ambient lighting with a switch and they yanked it from the 22 model bighorn level 2...bull s**t

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ALPHAOBD WINDOWS Issue.

Can someone guide me on how to make a copy of my current configuration on the windows version. Dosnt seem to be much support for the windows copy vs the Bluetooth.

Thanks
ALFAOBD.......
once connected, click the second tab "Status/Faults". On the left pane, click on "Read System ID.

BlackNight

Reaction score
ALFAOBD.......
once connected, click the second tab "Status/Faults". On the left pane, click on "Read System ID.
Just in case anyone was wondering for the windows users, it's a couple rows down from car configuration on the drop down menu(uploadcurrentconfig) and it will doc it in the alphaobd program file👍

lbreggi

Reaction score
Hi all! new Ram owner here 😊
i was just checking the forum and i couldn’t find an answer.
i’m looking to see if is possible to enable auto close / open the panoramic shade. Any ideas? thank you!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all! new Ram owner here 😊
i was just checking the forum and i couldn’t find an answer.
i’m looking to see if is possible to enable auto close / open the panoramic shade. Any ideas? thank you!
No

azzx

Reaction score
Belwo response is from Alexy -- AlfaOBD support. Have not tried it yet:
""Did you activate the "VehConfig 1 - Performance Pages Present" ? Check also "VehConfig 2 - Configuration For Performance & Gear Shift Indication" and "Cust.Set.Menu 3 - RACE Performance Page CSM Present". But actually the BCM or cluster probably doesn't support the performance pages.""

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 3 week old 22 big horn, just tried unlocking performance and offroad pages via alphaobd and they will not pop up on the 12 inch. Kinda pissed as I have ORG and I still did not get those pages factory.🤷‍♂️

Also irritated that my 19 big horn level 2 had ambient lighting with a switch and they yanked it from the 22 model bighorn level 2...bull s**t
You forgot about the foam bottle inserts as well. LOL

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 3 week old 22 big horn, just tried unlocking performance and offroad pages via alphaobd and they will not pop up on the 12 inch. Kinda pissed as I have ORG and I still did not get those pages factory.

My 2020 full loaded with level 2 doesn't have it either.

titan3636

Reaction score
Just checking back in to see if anyone has been able to get the performance and off-road pages after updating to 39.9 on 12” Uconnect 4. lost mine after update.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to set power running boards to stow and auto via alfaobd?
Mine is stuck in stow on my UC5 screen but is auctally in auto. I have no way to change it as it just says setting not saved.
I wonder if I can reset it or manually change it in alfaobd.
They were factory installed and worked fine a week ago and I left it in stow and when I got in the next day almost scraped it when I opened my door (I wasn't on flat ground)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to set power running boards to stow and auto via alfaobd?
Mine is stuck in stow on my UC5 screen but is auctally in auto. I have no way to change it as it just says setting not saved.
I wonder if I can reset it or manually change it in alfaobd.
They were factory installed and worked fine a week ago and I left it in stow and when I got in the next day almost scraped it when I opened my door (I wasn't on flat ground)
Would have to look at the options, but zi know I can drop my tailgate through alfaOBD

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Would have to look at the options, but zi know I can drop my tailgate through alfaOBD
I can toggle pretty much anything even opening the ram boxes because it's all electronic. It's changing the option that gets set in the UC5 unit I'm wondering about.
I'm able to lower and raise the steps via the UC5 but not set the auto or stow anymore

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can toggle pretty much anything even opening the ram boxes because it's all electronic. It's changing the option that gets set in the UC5 unit I'm wondering about.
I'm able to lower and raise the steps via the UC5 but not set the auto or stow anymore
You can go in through alfaOBD and do a reboot for the radio u it and that might help.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can go in through alfaOBD and do a reboot for the radio u it and that might help.
Not sure what part you are referring too.
I did a ECU reset but doesn't change anything.

Going to let the truck sit with the battery disconnected for 30 minutes and see what happens, then do a factory reset of the radio again.
This UC5 is the worst car head unit I have ever used in my life, good features when it does work but so full of bugs it's insane.

If neither of those work I think I will set the steps to disabled and see if the removes the option in my UC5 and if it does re-enable it and see if it properly defaults back to auto, and I can toggle it like before.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Battery reset didn't fix it. I did a restart of the radio through the radio same thing.
Did a reset settings to default.
Same thing.

Did a factory reset in the radio.
Now nothing in the truck shows up (I think it relearn what is installed?) Not sure why but it always does this on a factory reset.
Good news is the factory reset pushed it back to auto in the menu, and I can switch it over to stow and back to auto.

I guess a factory reset is good on these radios once a month, LOL

Users who are viewing this thread