5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
102MPH limit on the HD's and I don't think anyone's been able to break it without a tune.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess its a good thing most I could get is 106-110 since my tires are only rated for 112. Stock tires are rated for 106 so makes sense to have speed limiter shut off at 106 mph.
View attachment 103524
Used to be that the max speed was determined by when the valves started to float or red line. Whichever came first. (That ought to confuse the younger generation😉.

KMach

Reaction score
Two mph at that speed only counts in NASCAR.
That is true, but that last shift at 102 with 3.92s for that short pull to 105 just leaves so much power to be had before the truck throws me into the steering wheel 😂

mtmgtz

Reaction score
That is true, but that last shift at 102 with 3.92s for that short pull to 105 just leaves so much power to be had before the truck throws me into the steering wheel
It's a half ton truck, not a sports car.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Fatherdeath

Reaction score
just got my first round of programing done last night, and yes Alfaobd had 35x12.5r18 as an tire option so it was easy to select that even though I have 20 inch wheels my speedo is accurate and drivability is better and mpg is up quite a bit now that its calibrated.

I also did fog light drop outs and been trying to see if I can get off-road pages to show up on my bighorn.

any other recommended settings to swap? tonight Im going to play around with trying to set my cluster splash screen to something other then just standard 1500

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Used to be that the max speed was determined by when the valves started to float or red line. Whichever came first. (That ought to confuse the younger generation😉.
That makes me feel like getting out my timing gun this weekend. ;)

any other recommended settings to swap? tonight Im going to play around with trying to set my cluster splash screen to something other then just standard 1500
Too much stuff that's a personal preference (start-up splash screen, fog light drop-out, etc.) or due to a mod (e.g. keyless/proximity entry) to make any recommendations.

I will say, however, to keep a log of what you do so you can go back and change things you have messed with in the past. AlfaOBD has a change log but I also keep a Word document copy of my BCM with notes that I can refer to.

Just my .02

mtmgtz

Reaction score
Is there a comprehensive guide to what items need to be enabled in alfaobd for various features (e.g. adaptive cruise, trailer brake controller, lane sense, etc)?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is there a comprehensive guide to what items need to be enabled in alfaobd for various features (e.g. adaptive cruise, trailer brake controller, lane sense, etc)?

Yes, look under 5th Gen Modifications/Accessories. Tons of info.

stembridge

Reaction score
My former '76 Cosworth Vega had a 6,500 RPM redline (and would still be pulling hard at 7,500).

Its rev limiter was a hole in the block (which I thankfully never experienced!).

es

Brianboyer82

Reaction score
Success! I was able to connect to the Body Computer, and enable my integrate trailer brake controller. All total is was 5 settings that had to change (enable brake controller module, then enable the 4 CSM menu items to see the trailer settings menus). Odd, it takes a few minutes before the Trailer Settings menu showed up, at first I didn't think it worked. All totaled, it was $220 to get the factory trailer brake controller installed and I still have the AlphOBD software, and SGW bypass hardware for future upgrades.
What 4 csm did you have to do? I enabled the brake controller in my truck but i don't have the menu for trailer settings.

ALT_F13

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to disable dome light time out via Alfa OBD? It turns off after 5 minutes if engine is not running, and I'm looking for options to make it work longer, at least 30 minutes. Dome light shouldn't discharge the battery quickly.

drpaul41

Reaction score
I tried to download AlfaOBD on an old Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet. Google store didnt even show the app. is my tablet too old or has it been removed from the google play store? If I get it that way what other app would be recommended to make changed to my Ram? I need to put in trailer brake controller. Any help is appreciated.
Paul

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to download AlfaOBD on an old Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet. Google store didnt even show the app. is my tablet too old or has it been removed from the google play store? If I get it that way what other app would be recommended to make changed to my Ram? I need to put in trailer brake controller. Any help is appreciated.
Paul
Can always get a TazerDT which will allow you to enable all the trailer brake controller functions with one simple change. And then you will have all the other features available from the TazerDT.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Paul
If your device is not on the list of compatible devices, contact AlfaOBD at [email protected]. They might be able to send you an .apk file to load on your device.

DieselRebel

Reaction score
Paul
It's on there. I would try updating your tablet software if possible and Google play too. It also works on windows if you have a laptop

drpaul41

Reaction score
I guess my tablet is too old or something. I dont know. I did download onto my mac via a virtual windows session. I need to purchase the license for it. I guess that will have to work. The android app looks easier to use than the windows one. I really wish they'd create an iOS app. I am mac/iOS across the board so loading up a vm just to run windows for this program was a pain.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I guess my tablet is too old or something. I dont know. I did download onto my mac via a virtual windows session. I need to purchase the license for it. I guess that will have to work. The android app looks easier to use than the windows one. I really wish they'd create an iOS app. I am mac/iOS across the board so loading up a vm just to run windows for this program was a pain.
If you are strictly iOS, you can use Jscan to do it instead. It’s cheaper than AlfaOBD, but it is paid per VIN.

Users who are viewing this thread